2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Serious week of Classic Rock (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55154)

Shaker1 09-20-2006 12:12 AM

Re: Serious week of Classic Rock

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickthestick
wwow, and you are alive.....that is some week :worship:

Dude, are you feeling OK? Better check your temperature. I can only imagine the restraint (or really good drugs) it must have taken to ignore the political OT and respond to the original poster's thread intent! :hail1:

You too BlackMach! :hail1:

Mach1 EH 09-20-2006 08:13 AM

I am a HUGE The Who fan, & I went to their 1st FINAL TOUR concert.

Ya 1st final tour. What it was just a runner up or test run?
Sorry these reforming dormant groups seem to be reloading their retirement funds. Good for them, but I cannot justify to pay the $100+ a ticket to see them.
I would have enjoyed seeing Keith Moon on the skins with The Who.
- still sore I missed my chance to see SRV the final time he passed through Toronto.

The_Wretched 09-20-2006 08:21 AM

What I wouldn't do to see SRV live!!!!!!!!!!!!

old school 09-20-2006 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach1 EH
I am a HUGE The Who fan, & I went to their 1st FINAL TOUR concert.

Ya 1st final tour. What it was just a runner up or test run?
Sorry these reforming dormant groups seem to be reloading their retirement funds. Good for them, but I cannot justify to pay the $100+ a ticket to see them.
I would have enjoyed seeing Keith Moon on the skins with The Who.
- still sore I missed my chance to see SRV the final time he passed through Toronto.

Yeah, I was at the Who's " 1st " Final Tour..I think the Clash opened up for them & got booed off the stage with thier " Combat Rock " tour..as far as drummers, Carl Palmer with Asia is still awsome @ 56 .what a privlege it is to catch him live at a small venue ( Keswick Theater )....it was also cool seeing Steve H. & Asia playing Round about in it's entirity !! Can't believe how many Collage girls like Pink Floyd these days!!! I'm still sore from playing HackySack & Tailgating with them !!!!! ( Had to pass on yhe whippets & Dubes )

rickthestick 09-20-2006 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Wretched
What I wouldn't do to see SRV live!!!!!!!!!!!!

don't you mean would have done :what: You do know he died right?

rickthestick 09-20-2006 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaker1
Dude, are you feeling OK? Better check your temperature. I can only imagine the restraint (or really good drugs) it must have taken to ignore the political OT and respond to the original poster's thread intent! :hail1:

You mean ignoring the post about Watters....some people just don't get it, oh well. Must be the meds...everything is ok....everything is ok.... :MADNOEL: :23:

rickthestick 09-20-2006 10:27 AM

Using that logic, I couldn't listen to Queen, because I would make me lead an alternate lifestyle LOL

JDraper 09-20-2006 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old school
Yeah, I was at the Who's " 1st " Final Tour..I think the Clash opened up for them & got booed off the stage with thier " Combat Rock " tour....

My wife was at that concert too...she remembers the audience getting pretty nasty with the Clash...

Ford4me 09-20-2006 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Wretched
i personally respected sinnead o conner. peoples opinions are just that... if you get offended... beautiful, that means free speech does exist.

look at the new pope, he just made an @$$ out of himself with his comments on islam.

when sinnead did that, she was martyred.... what comes around.... hahahaha!

*** OUT OF HIMSELF??? MARTYRED?? WHAT DO YOU PLAY THE FRICKIN SITAR YOU SOUND LIKE A RAG HEAD YOURSELF

BlackMach 09-20-2006 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaker1

I was half-joking when I first posted to this thread, but in all honesty you couldn't pay me enough to go see groups like Asia, Styx (post Grand Illusion), or REO Speed poo-poo.

http://www.jeffbots.com/styxkilroy.jpg

:notsure:

Classic Rock to me is music from groups like Led Zeppelin, The Who, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, The Rolling Stones, and Aerosmith.

:THUMBSUP: