2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Rules of the South... (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=68393)

jbrad88 08-09-2007 03:58 PM

Re: Rules of the South...

Outstanding:D

I liked that list...

Bill Hamilton 08-09-2007 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MachGirl04 (Post 837676)
MOST of the people that I would flip off are too busy talking on the cell phone to even notice the offer! haha! I was kidding anyway, I don't really go around flipping the bird and I'm a pretty nice driver. There are enough maniacs out there already plus I have kids in the car most of the time. The LAST thing I need is to be a victim of someone's road rage.

I DO however have parking lot rage. Anytime I've had a problem, it's in a parking lot. The fat chick in the SUV who tried to run me & my infant over comes to mind. And the old angry dude who was too lazy to walk and IMPATIENTLY waits for me to load my kids in the carseats so he can get my primo parking space. :angry: The idiot that parks so close to me & over the line that I can't get into my car. That's the stuff that sets me off!

Of course I figured you were kidding and so was I. Cell phone users, especially those doing under the limit and in the left lane, are a major peeve for me too. The newest hazard is people text messaging while driving.

I have a friend with a $150,000 plus 2005 Ford GT and he says his biggest problem is people on the highway trying to take a picture of his GT with their cellphone camera. They tend to drift towards what they're looking at. :frown:

As far as parking lots, I usually park as far away as I can (at the Mall/WalMart/and ect.) to save on door dings and to get the exercise. It drives my wife batty. She like to cruise up and down the lanes for that primo spot close to the door (LOL). :3b:

G 08-09-2007 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MachGirl04 (Post 837676)
MOST of the people that I would flip off are too busy talking on the cell phone to even notice the offer! haha! I was kidding anyway, I don't really go around flipping the bird and I'm a pretty nice driver. There are enough maniacs out there already plus I have kids in the car most of the time. The LAST thing I need is to be a victim of someone's road rage.

I DO however have parking lot rage. Anytime I've had a problem, it's in a parking lot. The fat chick in the SUV who tried to run me & my infant over comes to mind. And the old angry dude who was too lazy to walk and IMPATIENTLY waits for me to load my kids in the carseats so he can get my primo parking space. :angry: The idiot that parks so close to me & over the line that I can't get into my car. That's the stuff that sets me off!

Enhance your calm --- you should only have joy joy feelings. :26:

It's not healthy to go around angry. :LAUGH:

That SUV didn't have 428CJ emblems on the tailgate did it????? :OUCH:

MachGirl04 08-09-2007 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 837719)
Enhance your calm --- you should only have joy joy feelings. :26:

It's not healthy to go around angry. :LAUGH:

That SUV didn't have 428CJ emblems on the tailgate did it????? :OUCH:

:23: Where have I heard this before?!

They don't much more joyful than me as you may already know!

Azure Blurr 08-09-2007 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 837670)
The South Rules :LAUGH:

:agree:

Florida is the exception! Its filled with "bloody Yanks"! Them snowbirds pass through here on I-75 in their Caddies either at mach speed or 20! NO IN BETWEEN!

BLUEMACHON 08-09-2007 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FordMan (Post 837546)
Dallas is a wanna-be Yankee city that would be more at home if it were picked up and dropped in the Northeast. Generally speaking, in the Great State of Texas, anywhere outside of Dallas or Houston proper is populated by upstanding folks.

I can say the same thing about Louisville here in Kentucky. Louisville is a Yankee city that is pissed off that it is "stuck" in a southern state. You can really tell now that the University of Louisville is in the Big East Conference. When they first joined you thought the whole city was having a climax! They only joined so their self-promoting football team could get to a BCS Bowl by beating a bunch of also rans (other than West Virginia). If they had to compete in a real football conference like the SEC, Big Ten, Big Twelve or Pac-10 they would be singing a different tune. The Big East is overrated in basketball too. Who won the NCAA's the last two years... A SEC team! I am a UK fan since birth and am proud of my SEC "brothers" the Florida Gators for their success the last two seasons in football & basketball. This year the SEC is going to be brutal in both!

People in Louisville look down on everyone else in the state and they identify more with their "comrades" in the northeast. I can say all of this as I was born and raised in Louisville. Lived there for 18 years. Then I went to college in Tennessee. For the past 21 years Bowling Green has been my home. It is definitely part of the South. After all it was the Confederate Capitol of Kentucky during the Civil War!

As Charlie Daniels said, I'm "Proud to be a Rebel!"