2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Q&A. HOW TO's, TSB's & Warranty Items (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Technical Service Bulletins (TSB's) (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8375)

HAEG 08-31-2006 07:13 AM

Re: Technical Service Bulletins (TSB's)

If theres a recall there should be no charge, but it states that on the recall notice. If you are taking the vehicle back for a TSB then it depends on when your car was put into service (bought) and whether you have an extended warranty. Noise's (squeaks/rattles) are done after the first three years. But always call your dealership, with your vin and you can find out whats, what..

spinincube 09-01-2006 12:50 AM

i bought extended warranty from aftermarket company.. do u think they will pay for my synchro kit for my tranny..? and wind nosie from piller A..? my car is 34000miles and i think car was put in service at 8/27/03

GTROSEMA 01-24-2007 07:41 PM

The link to the Trans Gear isn't working. My 3rd and )D went out at 41000 miles. Lucky me?? SO now I am looking into making major improvements inside the trans. But was curious what the TSB was for just in case they have an explanation for the whine I had from the trans or maybe...???? Just some cash would be nice to offset my cost. haha Another thing is the Auto in the Mach's a 4R70W or the 4R75W? Thanks, George

rdewalt 02-28-2007 01:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here’s a copy of the TSB 04-26-13 04 Mustang 1-2 shift clash. My Mach is in the shop for the fix. On the 04’s Ford states 3-4 shift is ok. They are only doing 1-2 fix on mine.

STREET BULLY 03-13-2007 02:18 PM

I was wondering if the tick noise could cause a real problem down the road????

E-MACH 03-13-2007 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STREET BULLY (Post 761265)
I was wondering if the tick noise could cause a real problem down the road????

This is a serious problem. Due to overheating, some engines get burned valve guides and need head replacement. There is a pretty good theory that the cooling capability on this engine is insufficient, so the damage is done sooner or later. Some drivers think an upgraded (hi-flow) water pump is an answer to combat it. There's also a modification to plumbing the improve water flow.

G 03-13-2007 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTROSEMA (Post 734262)
The link to the Trans Gear isn't working. My 3rd and )D went out at 41000 miles. Lucky me?? SO now I am looking into making major improvements inside the trans. But was curious what the TSB was for just in case they have an explanation for the whine I had from the trans or maybe...???? Just some cash would be nice to offset my cost. haha Another thing is the Auto in the Mach's a 4R70W or the 4R75W? Thanks, George

4R70W or 4R75W :3b:

As I recall 03 or 04 respectively.

See thread below:

http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/...ighlight=4R70W

STREET BULLY 03-14-2007 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E-MACH (Post 761274)
This is a serious problem. Due to overheating, some engines get burned valve guides and need head replacement. There is a pretty good theory that the cooling capability on this engine is insufficient, so the damage is done sooner or later. Some drivers think an upgraded (hi-flow) water pump is an answer to combat it. There's also a modification to plumbing the improve water flow.

So do you know how to fix the problem? I assume you are talking about chaging the plumbing meaning the hoses???

Black Mach 1 03-22-2007 07:59 PM

Is there a TSB for the annoying throw out bearing on our cars?

walkaway23 05-24-2007 11:29 AM

Are the TSB's good for the life of the car or before the warranty has expired? i just bought an 03 mach 1 and was wondering if my car were to have any of these bulletins and the previous owner did not have them looked at am i still able to have them checked out?

Black Mach 1 05-24-2007 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkaway23 (Post 799768)
Are the TSB's good for the life of the car or before the warranty has expired? i just bought an 03 mach 1 and was wondering if my car were to have any of these bulletins and the previous owner did not have them looked at am i still able to have them checked out?

They're "good" for life, but they don't warrant a free repair if your car is outside the warranty. A recall is a free repair, but a TSB is just a special instruction for fixing a known issue.

walkaway23 05-24-2007 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Mach 1 (Post 799941)
They're "good" for life, but they don't warranty a free repair if your car is outside the warranty. A recall is a free repair, but a TSB is just a special instruction for fixing a known issue.

Cool thanks for the info.....take care.

a_fan 06-12-2007 11:27 AM

Does anybody have information on this one:

06-5-13 MAR 06 Engine - MIL ON/Multiple Misfire Codes Set/Low Power

Thanks in advance!

nikbait 10-26-2007 05:56 PM

Is there an updated list of TSB's for the machs?

also, if a car has under 36k miles, but since now it is 2007 almost 2008, does the warranty go to whichever comes first? I have never understood that...

nikbait 11-18-2007 08:29 PM

How much is a syncro repair? The mach I'm purchasing has the 1st to 2nd gear issue even tho she has 8200 miles on her. Is this something to worry about will it get worse or is it simply better to get it fixed?

nikbait 11-19-2007 01:14 PM

N Y One?

nikbait 11-19-2007 01:59 PM

n y one......anyone for short

THE TRANNY issue IS A TSB!!!! Give me a break why do you have to be soo rude in your posts to me....

FordMan 11-19-2007 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder (Post 897771)
Go to the first post.
EITHER TIME OR MILEAGE.

ONE BILLION DOLLARS!............ask in a TRANNY thread. Don't buy a car WITH the issue , unless you take off that amount to replace the tranny.

WTH are you talking about??????????

:D The Colonel is an old man and doesn't know all the newfangled text message shorthand used by the younger crowd of today. :D

Everything else +1.

2003 Mach 1's have all expired their factory warranties, and probably nearly all 2004 models have by now as well. I wouldn't buy a Mach with known transmission issues (or a head tick) unless you absolutely positively must have that one AND the price is dropped considerably.

A TSB has absolutely nothing to do with warranty issues....it's simply a guide for the ford techs to use when fixing a problem, whether you are paying for the repair or Ford is.

nikbait 11-19-2007 02:10 PM

Whatever.

FordMan 11-19-2007 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder (Post 897789)
STFU OLD MAN!:smack: :23:
If she would post up a question in the CORRECT SECTION, she might get her question answered in a TIMELY fashion.:crazy: .........but she'll whine about that.

You weren't totally at fault for being in the dark aboot what N Y One was referring to. I've seen "ne1" used before in place of "anyone" but never "N Y One", or maybe "ne1" wasn't used because a person using it could be confused as saying they really, really like the Patriots :MADNOEL:

nikbait 11-19-2007 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder (Post 897793)
TYPICAL WOMAN answer!:smack:

So freakin what.