2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Q&A. HOW TO's, TSB's & Warranty Items (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Technical Service Bulletins (TSB's) (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8375)

Azure Blurr 11-19-2007 04:21 PM

Re: Technical Service Bulletins (TSB's)

Uh......................... think I just sharted!

FordMan 11-19-2007 04:50 PM

that's like.....heh-heh......cool or something......heh-heh-heh

http://usera.imagecave.com/football2001/Bungholio.gif

snakebitx2 12-10-2007 12:11 AM

Sorry i've read this and am confused... If i'm still under ford warranty and i have the mods in my sig will they do the tsb for the ticking noise and 1-2 grind. My car is an 03 with 27k miles and the extended warranty is good until 2009. I bought my car with all the mods on it and transferred the warranty over to me. Also i took the car to a ford dealership to have everything checked out and they said everything was good on it before i bought it.

snakebitx2 12-10-2007 12:20 AM

Also what if i put an o/r h pipe on it; will it make a difference. If not i'm putting the o/r h on tuesday.

3150Mach1 12-10-2007 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snakebitx2 (Post 910930)
Also what if i put an o/r h pipe on it; will it make a difference. If not i'm putting the o/r h on tuesday.

Yes it might. Have the tick fixed before the OR/H. Heard they sometimes try to void warrenty for thoes.

FordMan 12-10-2007 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snakebitx2 (Post 910923)
Sorry i've read this and am confused... If i'm still under ford warranty and i have the mods in my sig will they do the tsb for the ticking noise and 1-2 grind. My car is an 03 with 27k miles and the extended warranty is good until 2009. I bought my car with all the mods on it and transferred the warranty over to me. Also i took the car to a ford dealership to have everything checked out and they said everything was good on it before i bought it.

They should address the tick and the 1-2 grind without any problems, however they could (assuming you have the Ford ESP coverage) conceivably deny coverage for either, especially the 1-2 grind in the transmission, based on the rear gear and drive shaft modifications. Not syaing they will, or should, but they might.

Definately do not install the O/R H-pipe before taking it in. No need to proclaim loudly and brashly to the dealership that you have a modded vehicle.

snakebitx2 12-10-2007 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FordMan (Post 911052)
They should address the tick and the 1-2 grind without any problems, however they could (assuming you have the Ford ESP coverage) conceivably deny coverage for either, especially the 1-2 grind in the transmission, based on the rear gear and drive shaft modifications. Not syaing they will, or should, but they might.

Definately do not install the O/R H-pipe before taking it in. No need to proclaim loudly and brashly to the dealership that you have a modded vehicle.

Alright so i'll wait on the midpipe and take it in on tuesday to get checked out. I'll let you guys know how it goes

UIN2IT 08-15-2008 09:16 AM

As of Aug 15th 2008:

TSB Number & Issue Date TSB Title
07-5-8 MAR 07 Battery - Battery Eye Function/Charging/Service
07-4-3 MAR 07 Interior - Leather Wrapping On Steering Wheel Is Loose
07-1-7 JAN 07 Steering - Mercon V(R) Fluid Usage
06-26-1 JAN 07 M/T - Mercon(R) V ATF Usage Information
06-21-19 OCT 06 A/C - Heater Core Electrolysis/Leakage
06-18-16 SEP 06 Engine - Reman Engine Head Gasket Identification
06-15-8 AUG 06 Keyless Entry - Keypad Diagnostics
06-8-5 MAY 06 Cruise Control - Diagnostic Updates
06-5-13 MAR 06 Engine - MIL ON/Multiple Misfire Codes Set/Low Power
06-4-9 MAR 06 A/C - Compressor Leaking/Inoperative
06-4-4 MAR 06 Drivetrain - Limited Slip Differential Chatter
05-22-8 NOV 05 Ignition System - Coil-On-Plug Misfire Diagnostic Tips
05-18-7 SEP 05 Electrical - Wiring Soldering/Crimping Service Tips
05-16-11 AUG 05 Restraints - Seat Belts Slow to Retract
02-16-7 AUG 05 Paint - Approved Paint Materials
05-14-3 JUL 05 Steering - Squeak/Creak Noise While Turning
05-3-10 FEB 05 Restraints - Seat Belt Stop Button Service
04-24-5 DEC 04 A/C/Audio - Defroster/Antenna Grid Diagnosis/Repair
04-24-14 DEC 04 Engine Controls - General PCM Programming Procedures
04-19-8 SEP 04 M/T - Hard To Shift Into 1st or Reverse When Stopped
04-17-4 SEP 04 Engine Controls - MIL ON/Lean DTC Service Tips
04-15-6 AUG 04 M/T - TR36550 5spd Jumps Out of Gear/ Gear Clash
04-13-7 JUN 04 A/C - Rear Window Defroster/Antenna Diagnosis/Repair
04-13-4 JUN 04 M/T - T56 6 Speed Rattle Noise Or Difficult To Shift
04-5-3 MAR 04 A/C - Instrument Panel Vents Rattle
04-1-2 JAN 04 Interior - Headliner Sags in Rear
03-26-1 JAN 04 A/T - 4R70W Needle Bearing/Race Kit Service Tip
03-24-3 DEC 03 A/T - Shift Lever Stuck in PARK Position/Loose Knob
03-25-5 DEC 03 Paint - Hood Pin Holes and/or Paint Delamination
03-23-2 NOV 03 Body - Exterior Mirror Glass/Motor Service Tips
03-22-1 NOV 03 Body - Hood Scoop Rattles
03-20-3 OCT 03 Emissions - MIL ON/DTC's Stored/Check Fuel Cap Lamp ON
03-18-1 SEP 03 Keyless Entry System - Service Tips
03-14-8 JUL 03 A/T - Cooler Flushing Service Tips
03-11-4 JUN 03 Engine - Left Hand Side Ticking Noise
03-9-5 MAY 03 Suspension - Rear Suspension Clunk/Pop Noise
03-8-3 APR 03 Engine - Oil Level Indicator Markings
03-10-1 APR 03 Paint - Plastic Bumper/Fascia Service Tips
03-1-5 JAN 03 Interior - Passenger Seat Squeaking Sound
02-23-7 NOV 02 Cooling System - Premium Gold Coolant Service Info
02-23-3 NOV 02 Fuel System - Fuel Pressure Relief Valve Discontinued
02-22-1 NOV 02 Engine Controls - Engine Surge/Rolling Idle/DTC's Set
02-21-13 OCT 02 Engine - Cylinder Head Straightedge Surface Check
02-20-8 OCT 02 A/C System - Diagnosis and Service Tips
02-17-6 SEP 02 A/T - Inadvertent Shift Interlock Disabling
02-17-8 SEP 02 Interior - 'A' Pillar Area Wind Noise

http://www.alldata.com/TSB/19/031917e6.html

93-Bolt 08-16-2008 12:04 AM

If not a TSB .. any advice on the 50 MPH shimmy? Cannot "shake" this irritant.. 34k on Car and have had this since purchase, now becoming bothersome...much of my driving lately is right in this range ..

New tires (Yokohama S.drive), balance, rotate, balance and still there .. it has to be something other than balance...
Struts ?

-darryl

one mach 1 08-16-2008 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 93-Bolt (Post 1033211)
If not a TSB .. any advice on the 50 MPH shimmy? Cannot "shake" this irritant.. 34k on Car and have had this since purchase, now becoming bothersome...much of my driving lately is right in this range ..

New tires (Yokohama S.drive), balance, rotate, balance and still there .. it has to be something other than balance...
Struts ?

-darryl

The car was probably in an accident! Also check your drive shaft to be sure the bolts attaching the DS to the differential are not loose.

falcongtho3 08-16-2008 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 93-Bolt (Post 1033211)

Struts ?

-darryl

Darryl, Is the shake from the front (steering wheel)or the rear (seat shake)? These cars are very sensitive to tire imbalance. They should be two-plane balanced, that is weights on the inside and outside. Unless there is a serious front end issue (like parts ready to fall off), that should never cause a vibration. I've also found that some front end vibration on our cars can be fixed with an adustment to the tire pressure.

:borg:

93-Bolt 08-17-2008 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one mach 1 (Post 1033248)
The car was probably in an accident! Also check your drive shaft to be sure the bolts attaching the DS to the differential are not loose.

No .. not likely, I drove off the showroom floor ..must be something else..

-darryl

93-Bolt 08-17-2008 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1033262)
Darryl, Is the shake from the front (steering wheel)or the rear (seat shake)? These cars are very sensitive to tire imbalance. They should be two-plane balanced, that is weights on the inside and outside. Unless there is a serious front end issue (like parts ready to fall off), that should never cause a vibration. I've also found that some front end vibration on our cars can be fixed with an adustment to the tire pressure.

:borg:

Shimmy felt and seen on steering wheel .. and only at @ 50 MPH.. I can drive right through and never notice it .. back off to @ 50 MPh and hold speed .. left and right shimmy ..minor but noticable. Side note: Noticed before I swapped tires from original .. presummed once I put on fresh tires and balance that would get it .. I'm going look for a shop that can do premium balance ..may try the local Ford House in the near future to see what they may or may not know with this platform

-darryl

04MCNASTY 11-12-2008 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FordMan (Post 911052)

Just had the transmission TSB above done a month ago with current mods and they didnt argue with me at all about my mods. I also have Ford ESP so I think you would be ok with your mods, and you could always call ahead and ask if those mods will void any warranty but I don't believe they do.

one mach 1 01-29-2009 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 93-Bolt (Post 1033625)
Shimmy felt and seen on steering wheel .. and only at @ 50 MPH.. I can drive right through and never notice it .. back off to @ 50 MPh and hold speed .. left and right shimmy ..minor but noticable. Side note: Noticed before I swapped tires from original .. presummed once I put on fresh tires and balance that would get it .. I'm going look for a shop that can do premium balance ..may try the local Ford House in the near future to see what they may or may not know with this platform

-darryl

Check your tie rod ends. might need replacing. If the boots are dry and flimsy or damaged, you need new tie rod ends. My Mach shimmied at the same speed. I replaced both tie rod ends, and problem solved. The tie rod ends were 25 dollars each at autozone.

oohh3 12-12-2010 06:30 PM

Hey, I'm wondering what happens when you are not the first owner of the car and find a TSB? Will ford still fix it? Thank you

blown03Mach1 12-12-2010 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oohh3 (Post 1342353)
Hey, I'm wondering what happens when you are not the first owner of the car and find a TSB? Will ford still fix it? Thank you

They did mine, but it was still under the remainder of the factory 3yr/36K mile warranty.

littlemags 12-18-2010 07:06 AM

yep...if yourOUT of warranty they dont have to cover the cost of the TSB repair. lot of people get confused between a tsb vs a recall. A recall they MUST fix it...a TSB is only paid for under 3/36, FORD esp or some warranty program
If you want to get a TSB done you still can but it will be up to you to pay for it if you dont fall into the above

oohh3 01-11-2012 01:41 AM

I am trying to view the TSB on the automatic transmission and its saying the link is broken. Any ideas....

Red Mach'03 01-15-2012 09:52 AM

I think they should fix it no matter what they no these problems are there and not everyone has it go wrong before the time is up. Like my car the paint is flaking off the hood but they told me they said mine was one that is not part of the tsb how is that I thought all 03 mach 1 had this tsb. FORD IS JUST BEING CHEAP. I bought mine brandnew not to just see my paint start flaking off. There screwup they should fix them all. Just my .02 They had me so mad when they said they wont do nothing for mine and it was only like 1 year or less past warranty so it is not like it was 10 years down the road.

mstangtony 05-15-2014 10:33 PM

I was trying to chek out the TSB for missfiring and rough idle. I have that issue but the PDF is not coming up. any assistance in this would be great!