2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Engine & Drivetrain (Including trans & rear axles) (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Ford Racing Cams Installed - WOW!!!!! (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31105)

StangIT 10-18-2006 04:23 PM

Re: Ford Racing Cams Installed - WOW!!!!!

aah, MAN! I can't get the video to work! it takes me to a Search Directory Page! Have anymore videos or sound files?

SIrRicCuS 11-25-2006 05:33 PM

This is one sick thread... I love it!

dontmockthemach 12-26-2006 05:35 PM

I hate to be the one asking stupid questions, but no luck on searching. Here it goes: Other than adding more fuel, did you have to change anything on you're tune?

ricky bobby 04-14-2007 03:02 PM

I need some clarifacation. On a daily driver with the cams how does she performe. Is it an ugly driver or does it enhance the drive. I have somewhat of a lead foot but do most of my driving comuting to town every day. What did it do for your gas milage. From the read the fr500 cams brought you stock motor up almost 70 rwhp and torque across the board. I very rarly beat 6000 rpm and wonder if the cams are worth it.:attention :what:

wutang61 10-16-2007 11:44 PM

according to naz down low power was about the same. very very low loss (i think max loss was 7hp) but when you get on it its crazy. i just wanna hear the idle! that video link quit working :wall:

greygod 10-17-2007 11:19 AM

i will try and get some vids this weekend.
my idle is just slightly higher than stock.

only issue i am having is car doesnt idle well some times and has
cut off on me. think is too much fuel down low. runs well all other times

Mean04Mustang 02-04-2008 02:11 AM

Can we get the videos LOL. I want to here this. Im really really close to getting a new cam kit but unsure if I can remove the heads while engine is still in car. Anyone know? If so then Ill put on new long tube headers as well. If not then I might just put the cams in with the springs. Anyone have a better set of cams overall like these are? I dont hit above 6000 rpms. Gots to bbe streetable also. Pretty sure im going with this kit though.

mach1metalhead 02-05-2008 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mean04Mustang (Post 945977)
Can we get the videos LOL. I want to here this. Im really really close to getting a new cam kit but unsure if I can remove the heads while engine is still in car. Anyone know? If so then Ill put on new long tube headers as well. If not then I might just put the cams in with the springs. Anyone have a better set of cams overall like these are? I dont hit above 6000 rpms. Gots to bbe streetable also. Pretty sure im going with this kit though.

basically what i was gonna ask...

and are the new valves necessary? i know the new springs are, that doesn't suprise me at all, but would i be ok to stick with the stock valves?

mach1metalhead 03-15-2008 02:40 PM

anything?

Mean04Mustang 03-15-2008 05:32 PM

From my understanding you can use the stock valves But youll need to get matching springs for the stock valve and not the springs in the kit. So if you keep the stock springs youll need to buy differant springs. Comp cams has ones that will work. Im not sure the part number but if you search you can find that someone else did just that to keep the stock springs. He did a whole write up of the cam kit includeing part numbers.

mach1metalhead 03-15-2008 07:32 PM

it ain't that big of a deal, if it means buying extra ****, i'll just swap the valves too...

i ain't made of money...

Scott McClure 03-16-2008 07:39 AM

The valves that come in the kit are excellent valves. I would use them. Motor really needs to come out also.

Durrman 04-02-2008 02:33 PM

Anyone know how these cams do for emissions?

greygod 04-02-2008 02:54 PM

passed in my state

kozzman555 04-08-2008 12:38 AM

did we ever find out if you can buy just the cams instead of the whole kit? i have to imagine that replacing the springs and cams would be a lot easier than pulling the head off to replace the valves as well

04machwon22 07-31-2008 05:58 PM

is it bad to run with just cams?

deepshadgray03 11-27-2008 02:25 AM

I want to swap my cams out but im not too sure which one i want....i have SLP LM2's, BBK o/r X-pipe, and BBK LT headers(1 5/8 primaries, 2 1/2 back), BBK Twin 65mm Throttle Body, and K&N. I looked at the Comp Cams XE-R Stage 2 as idle doesnt really matter to me. Would this cam unleash the horsepower im looking for? or would Ford GT or FR500 Cams work better. Im looking to make as much Horsepower on the stock Longblock as possible. The cams i want are Xtreme XE-R Series, XE270BH-114.......and i was wanting to know about how much power i could get from these cams? and would it be worth it in the long run? as in want to go N/A anyway. And if i am upgrading to a rough idling cam like this, what problems could i encounter because of that?

cobrob 11-28-2008 10:22 PM

It depends if you want a rougher idling cam or not. Fr500s are good because the really don't lope that bad. There are some people getting some good power out of crower stage 3s too but you will get the rough idle.

deepshadgray03 11-29-2008 03:02 AM

the lope is actually something I DO want.....hell if im gonna spend the money i want people to hear it.....but ive heard a few things about the crower stage 3's how are they?

Jester 11-29-2008 10:32 AM

Anything more lopey than the FR500 cams I have on would not be anything I'd consider. If lopiness is all you want, you should settle for something in the stageII cam catagory IMHO.

deepshadgray03 11-29-2008 10:38 AM

ight i am considering comp's 106160's i like the power range they have and also the lope(i like the lope) idle doesnt really matter to me and if i get annoyed by it i will put the stock shafts back in it.

ScreamingMach46 09-11-2009 01:28 AM

Anybody have a sound clip? All of the ones in this thread are bad.

na svt 09-11-2009 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScreamingMach46 (Post 1200112)
Anybody have a sound clip? All of the ones in this thread are bad.

With a good tune the FR500 cams will idle very smooth. My engine sounded stock with them. You can tune in a lope if you really want one.

I'm selling 5 FR500 cam kits if you are interested in getting one?

tom281 09-17-2009 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by na svt (Post 1200416)
With a good tune the FR500 cams will idle very smooth. My engine sounded stock with them. You can tune in a lope if you really want one.

I'm selling 5 FR500 cam kits if you are interested in getting one?

You install them too? If so shoot me a PM with a package price on the cams plus install.

na svt 09-17-2009 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom281 (Post 1203062)
You install them too? If so shoot me a PM with a package price on the cams plus install.

In order to install the entire kit you have to remove the heads. I recommend you just install the valve springs and cams. I'll PM you a price.