2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bullitt Mustang coming back in 2008? (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55006)

02mach1 09-15-2006 11:36 PM

Bullitt Mustang coming back in 2008?

News came today from Mustang News or http://www.themustangnews.com that Bullitt Mustang will come back in 2008, but I don't see it happen because with Ford's layoffs and plant closings,

2k4mach 09-15-2006 11:41 PM

Re: Bullitt Mustang coming back in 2008?

Im with you Frank, id love to see some new SE mustangs show up i just dont see them going through given fords financial position at this point.

ponygt65 09-15-2006 11:43 PM

I am surprised they are going to release the Bullitt and not a different SE.

Orange whip 04 09-16-2006 01:24 AM

With all the money they save from letting people go, i think they can aford to make a new model. Its a drop in the bucket.

Tony Alonso 09-16-2006 09:21 AM

I don't think they would have announced it if they were not proceeding. Part of that announcement had to show they were not just focusing on cutting costs but actually planning for new products. I would also assume that announcing something like this and then pulling the plug would cause a bigger credibility problem than not doing something at all.

FloridaOrange 09-16-2006 09:30 AM

The didn't spend a whole lot on the '01 bullits. Now that was a slightly modded GT. If they follow suit it'll be more like a GT with bigger brakes, slightly modded motor, suspension, etc. I would be suprised if it had anything truely special (like our cars).

gbranton 09-16-2006 10:08 AM

I loved my Bullitt, I would like buy another one someday when the Mach is paid off. The real reason I traded it on the Mach in the first place was the engine rattled until you drove it awhile every day. Most people's death rattle went away after 30-60 seconds, on a cold day my car's pistons rattled until warm air came out of the vents.

rickthestick 09-16-2006 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ponygt65
I am surprised they are going to release the Bullitt and not a different SE.

It would be the 40th anny of the movie

stang03 09-16-2006 04:52 PM

I think Ford should make a new Shinoda Boss....I hope that they do make another special production stang, I would love to have one when I pay the Mach off, which should be right around that time!!

MCHNROL 09-16-2006 04:59 PM

If history repeats at Ford 2010 will be a new Mach 1, N/A 5.4 DOHC. First the bullitt...then, well you know. We'll see.

Murder Snake 09-16-2006 05:09 PM

old concept:

fritomach 09-17-2006 06:13 PM

The news is that the Romeo engine plant has a new niche engine ready to go. It sounds like it is a re-worked 4.6 32v with a S/C similar to the 03-04 Cobras. Ford will need to bring out something in the 375-400hp range to compete with the Camaro and Challenger launch.

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/index..._articleid=140

If this is the engine for the Bullitt...sign me up!

02mach1 09-18-2006 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fritomach
The news is that the Romeo engine plant has a new niche engine ready to go. It sounds like it is a re-worked 4.6 32v with a S/C similar to the 03-04 Cobras. Ford will need to bring out something in the 375-400hp range to compete with the Camaro and Challenger launch.

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/index..._articleid=140

If this is the engine for the Bullitt...sign me up!

I like see the Mach1 coming back mid of 08 :yeh:

Mach1BullittMan 09-18-2006 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FloridaOrange
The didn't spend a whole lot on the '01 bullits. Now that was a slightly modded GT. If they follow suit it'll be more like a GT with bigger brakes, slightly modded motor, suspension, etc. I would be suprised if it had anything truely special (like our cars).

Hey FloridaOrange why don't you mail me a check for $3695 ? I'm waiting, sense its not a whole lot of money you should not miss it. I'll be checking my mail box daily. They were all serialized!

ITLRUN 09-18-2006 06:34 AM

Quote:

I would be suprised if it had anything truely special (like our cars).

:SMASH: I dont want to start a flame war, but are you really that close minded? What makes our cars "truely" special? A Bullitt owner could just as easily say our Mach's are nothing more than a '01 Cobra with a stick axle and funky hood. :frown:

FloridaOrange 09-18-2006 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ITLRUN
:SMASH: I dont want to start a flame war, but are you really that close minded? What makes our cars "truely" special? A Bullitt owner could just as easily say our Mach's are nothing more than a '01 Cobra with a stick axle and funky hood. :frown:

For the same year mustangs Bullits were worked over GT's. For the same year as our mach's, there were 2V's, Alum 4V's and Iron 4V SC cars. My point was Ford didn't go too far with the Bullits IMHO to make them that special. I was saying that if they did do the SE car it would be nice if it had a special motor or something.

FloridaOrange 09-18-2006 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach1BullittMan
Hey FloridaOrange why don't you mail me a check for $3695 ? I'm waiting, sense its not a whole lot of money you should not miss it. I'll be checking my mail box daily. They were all serialized!

I'm sorry if I personally wasn't that impressed with the bullit. And you apparently had the $3695 to throw at some brakes, springs and a serialized number. Am I wrong, what else was unique to the bullit? I obviously didn't have one, was there something else special? Intake? Trans? I will give you that it was a better car then my '99 was.

FWIW, I thing the Shelby GT's and the GT-H's are overhyped. I'd like to see a truely special special edition.

ITLRUN 09-18-2006 06:58 AM

Quote:

For the same year mustangs Bullits were worked over GT's. For the same year as our mach's, there were 2V's, Alum 4V's and Iron 4V SC cars. My point was Ford didn't go too far with the Bullits IMHO to make them that special. I was saying that if they did do the SE car it would be nice if it had a special motor or something.

Respectfully, you should research Bullitts a tiny bit.

Bullitt's didnt get an "R" in the VIN, but they got serialized. Bullitt's didnt get a Shaker hood, but they got there very own totally aluminum intake manifold(a first for a modular Mustang). The Bullitts and Machs share Cobra sized brakes, even though the Bullitt's were powered coated red from the factory. Bullitts have their own specific rocker panels and side scoops, where as the Mach got plain Jane GT rocker panels and side scoops. I could sit here and list tons more, but maybe you will see what I'm talking about. :yes:

falcongtho3 09-18-2006 07:12 AM

In addition, we have many parts that were developed for the Bullitt that found their way onto the Mach 1's; namely the gauge cluster, sail panels and glass, shifter knob and pedals. Lowered more than the Mach (almost to a fault) they also sported the rolled tips we enjoy and marked the first use of the Cobra seat assemblies in a non-Cobra, again something we enjoy. If you've ever been to any event that the IMBOC people are attending, you'll see another group that is very proud of their ponies and are willing to share the good times with others. :borg:

FloridaOrange 09-18-2006 07:22 AM

I wasn't trying to slam the bullits in any way and wasn't trying to be an expert on that model, I was just using it as an example. I did forget about the intake but my point was, in my own opinion, that I would like to see an new SE with a substantial performace upgrade from a GT, such as a 4V or a SC.

Perhaps a better example of what I was trying to say would be the California edition GT's.

Well, it's early and I'm off to work.

falcongtho3 09-18-2006 07:41 AM

Good point, and a well intentioned desire. I mentioned in the other Bullitt thread that Ford did say that they had planned on using a special powerplant for the Bullitt, to be shared with the upcoming Shelby GT-350. What it will be is pure speculation at this point, but I did point out that we haven't heard much from the resurrected Hurricane engine program, so here's to hoping that this'll be the landing point for that powerplant. :borg:

Orange whip 04 09-18-2006 04:34 PM

Its all good guys... A special mustang to serve everyones purpose. "Nitch" stangs provide strength to the overall brand while giving fans what they want in a performance car. I cant see any reason to complain.. ???

downsouthman1 09-19-2006 12:02 AM

Quote:

I wasn't trying to slam the bullits in any way and wasn't trying to be an expert on that model, I was just using it as an example. I did forget about the intake but my point was, in my own opinion, that I would like to see an new SE with a substantial performace upgrade from a GT, such as a 4V or a SC.

Perhaps a better example of what I was trying to say would be the California edition GT's.

Well, it's early and I'm off to work.

I'm not flaming you but there's nothing special about the new GT/CS, except paint & like 20HP. I'd much rather have a Bullitt. I'm sure some will disagree with that but they're entitled to. I certainly do agree with you about something really good going into a new SE though. 375-400HP sounds like a good target. I want some cheap competition out there since most people don't spend a whole lot on mods, if they mod at all. A lot of people want power out of the box & I'm not one of them. So my Mach is pushing like 398HP & 422 lbs/ft of Torque at the flywheel. That sounds like the kind of competition I'm talking about, unless they mod. I have grown quite fond of my Mach, especially since it holds its own against stock or lightly modded Cobras.

HAEG 09-19-2006 07:43 AM

What always gets me, when big business says they lost a billion dollars. Usually means they projected to make 40 billion this year, but we only made 39 billion. So we lost a billion. But what do I know....

FloridaOrange 09-19-2006 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by downsouthman1
I'm not flaming you but there's nothing special about the new GT/CS, except paint & like 20HP.

No flame taken and your argument about the GT/CS is exactly what I was saying.