2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Power Adders (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Broke my car (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=84302)

WC_Racer 08-29-2008 01:45 AM

Broke my car

Kinda. I was coming back from getting my car tuned and while on the free way (please read the rules again). I downshifted from 5th to 4th and next thing I know the car starts to jerk. I figured I just ran out of gas since I've been driving for a while and because of the 4 dyno pulls. Well I got off the freeway in time and let her rest while I went to get gas. Well she was full and she would not stay while I cranked her. So end result I had to tow her home. Anybody have any ideas what it could be? Someone told me I could have a huge vaccum leak or I blew some of the intercooling pipes out and messed up the MAF. Or the fuel pumps just crapped on me.

Set up is a P1SC with an intercooler with 42lbs injectors with a BA2800 running twin focus pumps.

ls1 killer 08-29-2008 02:02 AM

Re: Broke my car

Quote:

Originally Posted by WC_Racer (Post 1039484)
Kinda. I was coming back from getting my car tuned and while on the free way me and this Vetter were playing. I downshifted from 5th to 4th and next thing I know the car starts to jerk. I figured I just ran out of gas since I've been driving for a while and because of the 4 dyno pulls. Well I got off the freeway in time and let her rest while I went to get gas. Well she was full and she would not stay while I cranked her. So end result I had to tow her home. Anybody have any ideas what it could be? Someone told me I could have a huge vaccum leak or I blew some of the intercooling pipes out and messed up the MAF. Or the fuel pumps just crapped on me.

Set up is a P1SC with an intercooler with 42lbs injectors with a BA2800 running twin focus pumps.

sounds like you blew a pipe or possibly a big leak in the area of the maf seal....if you have an a/f gauge it will peg full lean with a leak and answer your question very easy...

vpMach1 08-29-2008 06:09 AM

I don't understand. Did you run out of gas or not? Low fuel light?

blown03Mach1 08-29-2008 06:51 AM

So it will start but not stay running? If so, I had an issue of blowing off the PCV line off of the side of the intake manifold. I ended up going with a rubber hose that is clamped to the intake. May want to check that.

WC_Racer 08-29-2008 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ls1 killer (Post 1039493)
sounds like you blew a pipe or possibly a big leak in the area of the maf seal....if you have an a/f gauge it will peg full lean with a leak and answer your question very easy...

I have the PLX series but they wouldnt fit in the Speed of Soude gauge cluster so I'm waiting for my autometer cluster to come in.

WC_Racer 08-29-2008 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vpMach1 (Post 1039517)
I don't understand. Did you run out of gas or not? Low fuel light?

Nope none of that. She had a full tank.

WC_Racer 09-01-2008 01:05 PM

Figured out what happen. Blew the piping from the air coolent tube from the MAF. But its good now.

bart03m1 09-01-2008 11:11 PM

thats cool , least it wasnt somthing big