2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Power Adders (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   MSD 8969 window switch question (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=84175)

Mustangdude 08-26-2008 12:47 PM

MSD 8969 window switch question

Hooked up my NX kit last weekend. I installed a MSD window switch and put the lead to pin 27 (same one I used for my raptor shift light). The window switch comes on and I can adjust the beginning and end point, have it set on 1 cylinder, but it is not registering any rpms. Do I have to have a tach adapter? I have talked to a buddy and he said he didn't have to use one. Appreciate any input. Thanks

ls1 killer 08-26-2008 06:25 PM

Re: MSD 8969 window switch question

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustangdude (Post 1038042)
Hooked up my NX kit last weekend. I installed a MSD window switch and put the lead to pin 27 (same one I used for my raptor shift light). The window switch comes on and I can adjust the beginning and end point, have it set on 1 cylinder, but it is not registering any rpms. Do I have to have a tach adapter? I have talked to a buddy and he said he didn't have to use one. Appreciate any input. Thanks

assuming its just for nitrous why not test the system to see if it works....if soo than dont worry if it doesnt show rpms....

im installing this in a day or too so i will respond back if i run into something similar

lxh89 08-26-2008 07:10 PM

Quote:

Use a different cylinder ground wire from the coil off the ECU... I ran into the same problem piggy backing two window switches from the same source. I ended up puttikng one on cyl#1 and the other on cyl #2

Tony

3150Mach1 08-26-2008 07:59 PM

Quote:

Pretty sure pin #26 is cylindar #1.

Mustangdude 08-27-2008 12:31 AM

Thanks for the info guys. Talked to MSD tech line and they said the same thing. Probably degrading the signal trying to piggyback it. I will move it to 26 and see what it does. Got the bottle mounted and the purge line ran and the stupid purge solenoid stuck open. Have to take it off and see if I can get it unstuck. Will report back once I complete the install.

ls1 killer 08-28-2008 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustangdude (Post 1038435)
Thanks for the info guys. Talked to MSD tech line and they said the same thing. Probably degrading the signal trying to piggyback it. I will move it to 26 and see what it does. Got the bottle mounted and the purge line ran and the stupid purge solenoid stuck open. Have to take it off and see if I can get it unstuck. Will report back once I complete the install.

just finished mine yesterday...it worked no problems....nice piece of hardware....mounted it inside the glove box..