2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Exhaust System (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Full SLP exhaust (lt's, xpipe w/cats, loudmouth II's) (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=50675)

runfor1 06-02-2006 01:55 PM

Full SLP exhaust (lt's, xpipe w/cats, loudmouth II's)

I have heard many sound clips with the LM II's and I love the loudness of it. Has anyone heard or tried the full SLP exhaust including the headers, LM II's and their x-pipe with cats ?? I would think this would sound awesome and be very loud, but would it be obnoxiously loud? Anyone have any clips?

Thanks!

speeddemon 06-05-2006 05:27 PM

Re: Full SLP exhaust (lt's, xpipe w/cats, loudmouth II's)

It will scream but I dont think that it would be obnoxiously loud only because of the cats and the LM2 mufflers.

TR04MACH 06-05-2006 11:55 PM

I'll let ya know this friday. I've got the exact same combo that i'm putting on wed-thurs. I've got loudmouth 2s now and i'm about to add the lt and x w/cats and it should sound really sweet. I can't wait.

runfor1 06-11-2006 10:18 PM

How does it sound?!?! :attention:

TR04MACH 06-12-2006 01:24 AM

It sounds amazing, i got done on thursday with the install which was a pain and got it on the dyno on saturday. Everyone was complementing me on my exhaust out there. I love the sound of it, its really mean when you're on it but not very loud at all if you're just cruising along but as soon as you smash the gas it gets pretty loud. Its maybe even quieter at idle than it was before and definitely deeper than just the loudmouth 2s i had previously installed. They made really good power as well, from my stock numbers i gained 43whp and 37wtq without anything else. 306whp and 318wtq. I'd definitely recommend them, excellent quality, fit, sound and power. It was money well spent for sure. Go for it, its well worth it.

JusMachN 06-12-2006 03:22 AM

How was your A/F ration with the full exhaust?? I am guessing that you did not have a tune when you did the pulls or did you?

streakn 06-12-2006 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by runfor1
I have heard many sound clips with the LM II's and I love the loudness of it. Has anyone heard or tried the full SLP exhaust including the headers, LM II's and their x-pipe with cats ?? I would think this would sound awesome and be very loud, but would it be obnoxiously loud? Anyone have any clips?

Thanks!

If you want loud, go with the LM1's with that setup. IMHO.What part of Cali are you in?

streakn 06-12-2006 04:08 AM

Nevermind my last question. I discovered you were in Clovis. LOL

runfor1 06-12-2006 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by streakn
If you want loud, go with the LM1's with that setup. IMHO.What part of Cali are you in?

LM I's are louder than LM II's?

And yes I'm in clovis :??:

Marc's Mach 06-12-2006 11:30 AM

LM I's are INSANELY loud at WOT with the complete exhaust and headers! Trust me, i know first hand! lol Im actually considering swapping to LMII's!

Mach1Fury03 06-12-2006 11:31 AM

Yes LM I is louder but has a little less power coming from SLP. I would go LMII either way because you still get the sick sound of SLP but not obnoxiously loud.

TR04MACH 06-13-2006 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusMachN
How was your A/F ration with the full exhaust?? I am guessing that you did not have a tune when you did the pulls or did you?

Yep i ran the pulls with the stock tune and figured if i needed to richen it up i'd get a chip put in and have them richen it up. My air/fuel was still good to go after the full exhaust. The highest it reached was about 13.5 at like 3500rpm for a split second and then quickly dropped down to the upper 12's from like 4k up till redline. I'll get a tune done when i do some intake work but for now they said i was good to go on the stock tune so thats what i kept it at. If you have any intake work i'd bet you're on the lean side, either way get it on the dyno just to make sure but you should be good if a full exhaust is all you have. Also i'd definitely go with the LM2's, they are much deeper and i like the sound better. The LM1s are just insanely loud and not nearly as deep.

streakn 06-13-2006 01:07 AM

runfor1 on the 21st this month. We are having a SoCal Shaker GTG at Friscos. Come on down and see what the LM1 sound is all about. Great group of guys and an awesome cruise in car show. No politics or drama, just cool cars.
http://www.friscos.com/downey.htm

runfor1 06-13-2006 01:48 AM

streakn, thanks for the invite :) I bought my mach right by you in Glendora.

Heres the next question: Will the full SLP package work with an automatic?!?

streakn 06-13-2006 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by runfor1
streakn, thanks for the invite :) I bought my mach right by you in Glendora.

Heres the next question: Will the full SLP package work with an automatic?!?

I'm no bull shatter. I'm not sure, but don't see why it wouldn't IMHO.

Go to www.socalshakers.com and register. Someone there will know for sure. Good luck my California bretheren

MassMach1 06-13-2006 02:10 PM

would love to hear that sound clip

Marc's Mach 06-13-2006 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MassMach1
would love to hear that sound clip

Full SLP exhaust with LM2's or LM1's? Cuz i got a couple clips with LM1's

MassMach1 06-13-2006 02:35 PM

i have LM2's would love to heard that. wouldn't mine hearing LM1's too. :worship:

Marc's Mach 06-13-2006 02:39 PM

haha alright man, im at work right now, but when i get home later tonight i'll post the couple vids i have!

MassMach1 06-13-2006 03:08 PM

ok cool..... are you going to change to lm2's earlier post you said you were considering. every thing is the same just swap mufflers. do it, i want to hear it. thats the system i'm shooting for, all slp with lm2's. clear fog lights look sweet i just did those this past weekend. 1" shaker hood extension is next hope it looks good.

Marc's Mach 06-13-2006 03:40 PM

ya i think in the near future i will swap out. Maybe if someone is interested in trading on the board or something we'll see! :)

JusMachN 06-13-2006 07:33 PM

Thanks TR, nice to hear that A/F things were still looking good with the full SLP.

stang03 06-23-2006 02:43 PM

Bump on that exhaust clip "Marc'sMach" !! I would love to hear it!!

Marc's Mach 06-23-2006 05:56 PM

Whoops almost forgot about that!

Sorry boys!

First run is on the dyno its actually funny cuz as soon as he guns it, it scared the crap out of me, so i jerked the camera! haha:

http://media.putfile.com/Mach-1-Dyno

Second run is my not knowing how to drive LOL:

http://media.putfile.com/Mach-Run

stang03 06-23-2006 06:57 PM

That sounds incredible!! I want that setup NOW!!