2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   X-Men III rocked...but if you... (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=50612)

falcongtho3 06-01-2006 07:19 AM

X-Men III rocked...but if you...

I'm not mormally a Marvel reader, but I saw the third installment of the X Men series and really enjoyed it. After being underwhelmed by MI:III and less than impressed by The DaVinci Code (he book is soooo much better), I was very pleased with the mutant tale. It never let up and there are events in the movie that would very much shake things up should there be a next installment. IMPORTANT! If you go: stay through the credits. There is a clip about 30 seconds long that is a do not miss!:borg:

The_Wretched 06-01-2006 08:25 AM

Re: X-Men III rocked...but if you...

i couldn't disagree more with more with you about X3 and MI3. Davinci... yes it sucked. But X3 is one of the most disappointing films off all time. Mixed review time!!!!

DesertMach 06-01-2006 08:35 AM

Agreed you must stay for the end clip!!!!

98StangRidah 06-01-2006 08:38 AM

okay, what was end clip? I left.

The_Wretched 06-01-2006 09:01 AM

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

professor X reincarnated.... really stupid and pointless. the most pointless scene in the movie. leaving the possibility of yet another sequal.

starscream 06-01-2006 11:56 AM

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Wretched
professor X reincarnated.... really stupid and pointless. the most pointless scene in the movie. leaving the possibility of yet another sequal.

He's not reincarnated. It shows that before his body was ripped apart, he transferred his consciousness to the man who was in a coma (the man he talked about when he was teaching the kids). It wasn't pointless, it was an answer to the morality principle he was trying to teach.

I'm a big fan of movies 1 and 2, and I thought 3 was awesome. I can't understand why some people bag on it, other than they were upset their favorite characters died or it doesn't follow the comic book. But as an action movie it was great.

Berzerk 06-01-2006 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starscream
I'm a big fan of movies 1 and 2, and I thought 3 was awesome. I can't understand why some people bag on it, other than they were upset their favorite characters died or it doesn't follow the comic book. But as an action movie it was great.

I liked it, but I was also disappointed. Why? Because I thought they could have used my 2 favorite characters better, Colossus and Juggernaut. These 2 barely did anything in the entire movie. VERY disappointed with that.

All that aside, I liked the movie. I missed the end thing though :Flame: Might have to go check it out again. :OUCH:

Marc's Mach 06-01-2006 12:36 PM

My opinion:
As an action film, this was a great movie! i really enjoyed the computer graphics and all the characters.

As a comic book reader and former cartoon watcher...i was disappointed. It didnt follow the original story at all. Why they changed it i dunno? My friends and i looked at eachother and thought what the heck? None of this happened before

PhillyMach1 06-01-2006 12:47 PM

It was a good action movie, but I agree with the others they should have dun more with the characters and movies never follow the comic. I can't wait for ghost rider.

Coil99 06-01-2006 02:31 PM

I thought The Last Stand was good. I liked the first and second movies better, but I did enjoy the third one.

I hope the series is continued...although I've read that the third movie may be the last one - but who really knows at this point.

stampde 06-01-2006 03:04 PM

gotta see it yet , can't wait !! really enjoyed 1 and 2 so i'm sure i will like this one.

darkshadowmach 06-01-2006 06:17 PM

anybody catch the scene with Stan Lee in it?

ftctoolftc 06-01-2006 06:27 PM

my MAJOR pet peeve with this movie was why in God's name would you call it X-3: The Last Stand, and clearly end it in the fashion that there was MORE to come. I mean, they just dug themselves a grave in my mind as far as titles go... what are they going to do next.. X-4: Back for One More!

And yeah, it didn't follow any of the story and they still haven't put in Gambit. Why no Gambit?! The script writers for the Marvel movies are really slacking and hopefully, I'll be able to enjoy Ghost Rider because I never read that comic..

the only Marvel movie series I've liked so far is the Spiderman series... I can't wait for Venom.

98StangRidah 06-01-2006 06:29 PM

"X-4: Back for One More!"

Hahahahahhahaha :LAUGH:

Catman 06-02-2006 10:35 AM

Def gong to see it at some point.

bart03m1 06-02-2006 10:55 AM

I like the movie and i thought it was very good , ive read comics since i was 9 yrs old , shure they didnt film it the way the comic books told the story , but i still thought it was cool. My only concern was that they really tried to crame alot of new mutants in one movie and could not focus on anything ...I wish nightcrawler was still around and gambit. but at least they are making movies about things i loved to read when i was a kid , and hope they will continue . even it was the worst movie of the year I would go see it just to support it ,