2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Brakes & Suspension (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Steeda Kmember anyone got it on there mach's (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=102767)

ASH302 03-31-2010 08:38 PM

Steeda Kmember anyone got it on there mach's

well i know mmff mag did it on the mach they are using, but has anyone else bought it for there mach, would love to hear what you thank bout it and how easy install was and see pictures

PeteEpple 04-26-2010 12:17 AM

Re: Steeda Kmember anyone got it on there mach's

install was as easy as any other k-member... its just not as light as some other k members but its a really nice piece!

ASH302 04-26-2010 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeteEpple (Post 1274198)
install was as easy as any other k-member... its just not as light as some other k members but its a really nice piece!

could you show pictures, also does it feel alot better with it on the car. also its just a direct replacement from the stock on, no coil overs needed?

ASH302 04-26-2010 03:26 AM

also how was the install could you give a little more details, did it go easy and fit just right

The AntiRice 04-26-2010 10:57 AM

a k member install is a k member install. the only thing that could take longer is squaring it up if need be but thats not even a big deal; doesnt matter if its a steeda, psr, upr, or mm its all pretty much the same. im 100% positive if you just look at a pic of the steeda k member and see if it has aftermarket a arms as well or uses stock youll be able to tell if it has spring perches. not too hard to figure out just like 90% of ur posts. do a little leg work instead of waiting on someone to figure it out for you.

birdman941 04-26-2010 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The AntiRice (Post 1274294)
a k member install is a k member install. the only thing that could take longer is squaring it up if need be but thats not even a big deal; doesnt matter if its a steeda, psr, upr, or mm its all pretty much the same. im 100% positive if you just look at a pic of the steeda k member and see if it has aftermarket a arms as well or uses stock youll be able to tell if it has spring perches. not too hard to figure out just like 90% of ur posts. do a little leg work instead of waiting on someone to figure it out for you.

Psssst..................
He is in Iraq right now. :secret:
(The STEEDA store in Baghdad ain't open yet)

AsphaltKiller 04-26-2010 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 1274337)
Psssst..................

ROFL no need to whisper he is not going to hear you either way..... :23:

Gameboy_J 04-26-2010 03:14 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Psssst..................

:idea:

cruzmach1 04-26-2010 04:07 PM

Quote:

Why do people respond to threads if they are going to leave nasty comments? No one is forcing you to answer his question. If you have a problem helping others you should just get off this site.

PeteEpple 04-26-2010 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruzmach1 (Post 1274406)
Why do people respond to threads if they are going to leave nasty comments? No one is forcing you to answer his question. If you have a problem helping others you should just get off this site.

:agree:

PeteEpple 04-26-2010 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 460hpmach1 (Post 1274224)
also how was the install could you give a little more details, did it go easy and fit just right

The installation is just like any other k member... Steeda's kmember uses stock control arms and has 2 mounting positions for stock coil springs. One position is for cars lowered an inch and a half or less, and the other is for cars lowered more than an inch and a half. This is to achieve proper front end geometry. They have also made the rack mount adjustable for proper Ackerman geometry.

As of right now Steeda told me they are not planning on selling a tubular a arm for this deal... It would be nice if it dropped more weight then it does but it is absolutely designed for street use. I'm very happy with mine! I've also have a QA1, UPR, and 2 custom built k members in different cars I've owned... the Steeda piece is stout!

birdman941 04-26-2010 04:57 PM

Although I have not installed the STEEDA unit,
I do know they are very serious about handling and steering geometry.
I also know how much development went into it.
(The designer/engineer is a genius)
IF (big If) I ever do one on the 5.4 car,
it will be a STEEDA unit powdercoated Red.
I will not even consider anything else. (that is just me)

ASH302 04-26-2010 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeteEpple (Post 1274409)
The installation is just like any other k member... Steeda's kmember uses stock control arms and has 2 mounting positions for stock coil springs. One position is for cars lowered an inch and a half or less, and the other is for cars lowered more than an inch and a half. This is to achieve proper front end geometry. They have also made the rack mount adjustable for proper Ackerman geometry.

As of right now Steeda told me they are not planning on selling a tubular a arm for this deal... It would be nice if it dropped more weight then it does but it is absolutely designed for street use. I'm very happy with mine! I've also have a QA1, UPR, and 2 custom built k members in different cars I've owned... the Steeda piece is stout!

thanks for the input. yeap sorry i looked at the peace but wanted to hear from people that put them on there mach's what they thought and how the install was, that is why i post. also this was a new peace when i posted and didn't figure anyone would have it, but yours was the test mule so i'm glad you joined and chimed in. thanks

ASH302 04-26-2010 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruzmach1 (Post 1274406)

true very true

ASH302 04-26-2010 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 1274423)
Although I have not installed the STEEDA unit,
I do know they are very serious about handling and steering geometry.
I also know how much development went into it.
(The designer/engineer is a genius)
IF (big If) I ever do one on the 5.4 car,
it will be a STEEDA unit powdercoated Red.
I will not even consider anything else. (that is just me)

i'm considering the steeda over upr. i know steeda is good on there stuff. thanks

ASH302 04-26-2010 06:43 PM

Quote:

Psssst..................

yea they are closed everytime i go by, lol

The AntiRice 04-27-2010 10:34 PM

pssssstttt im in iraq right now too......