2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   hit and run driver tore off my left side (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28038)

justin2050 12-25-2004 01:45 AM

hit and run driver tore off my left side

I went to go somewhere yesterday and noticed that the side scoop behind the drivers side door had been torn off (excuse me if I got the name of it wrong).....what is the least expensive place to get this part from.....or can I only get it from ford....any help would be greatly appreciated.

raj 12-25-2004 01:55 AM

I know for sure you can get it from ford. It will come pre-painted as well. You will need to buy new retainers as they are probably broken. You may have to take your interior trim panel off as well to replace the side scoop. :THUMBSUP:

justin2050 12-25-2004 02:25 AM

any other ideas than straight from ford....I am moving....paying for a dui....and trying to take care of this and am tapped out.....

substanger 12-25-2004 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin2050
...I am moving....paying for a dui....and trying to take care of this and am tapped out.....

Try checking the parking lot of the bar you were at before you got pulled over for a DUI! :crazy: I can't BELIEVE you're looking for financial pity because your "paying for a dui"! :wall:

badjoey 12-25-2004 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by substanger
Try checking the parking lot of the bar you were at before you got pulled over for a DUI! :crazy: I can't BELIEVE you're looking for financial pity because your "paying for a dui"! :wall:

i don't believe he was looking for pity---maybe the dui has enlightened them to drinking and driving--give him a break,like you've never done anything stupid

04VAMach1 12-25-2004 07:54 AM

You might find one in a junkyard, or you could try to get one off of a wrecked Stang off of one of these boards...here, corral.net, stangnet, mustangforums. There are often wrecked cars that people are parting out. You might get lucky and find one that is the right color.

The price new (from Ford) is listed for $69.95. You should be able to shop around and get it cheaper and the paint will be right.

bris09 12-25-2004 11:32 AM

I think it is time to hide the DSG's. This is what the 5th or 6th one in the last two weeks.
I'd check to see if you can get one off of a wrecked, probably be able to get it for 25-35. Good luck, sorry to hear another Mach has been violated.

justin2050 12-25-2004 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by substanger

FYI The dui was a year ago.......im paying for ther classes and fines now.....getting kicked out of my apartment....and lost my job last month......This car hit and run happened yesterday at the grocery store so dont assume you know what the hell your talking about to insult me when you dont have all the facts. Im nott looking for pity just a suggestion as to where to find a part you idiot....

justin2050 12-25-2004 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04VAMach1
You might find one in a junkyard, or you could try to get one off of a wrecked Stang off of one of these boards...here, corral.net, stangnet, mustangforums. There are often wrecked cars that people are parting out. You might get lucky and find one that is the right color.

The price new (from Ford) is listed for $69.95. You should be able to shop around and get it cheaper and the paint will be right.

Thanks for the tips.....and yes the dui has mellowed out my driving completely and been an eye opening experience......wow 69.95 from ford? I could swing that I figured that it would be some outrageous price......thanks again for the help guys.

1mach03 12-25-2004 03:24 PM

please lets not bash anyone. This post was just someone trying to find this part elsewhere other than ford which is what most of us would do if we can save money. Lets not rip each other apart its christmas time. keep the peace and enjoy this site. april the vettelady.

Roush380R 12-25-2004 06:16 PM

I think I might have a driver side scoop that you can have for free if you pay the shipping cost of $5. You will need to get it painted though. PM me if interested in it.

03 OxfordMach1 12-25-2004 06:54 PM

Hate to hear about your Mach, hope everything works out and that she's back to her old self soon. :yeh: Mach On!

Roush380R 12-25-2004 11:04 PM

I only have the passenger side scoop left, sorry I couldn't help.

IMachU 12-26-2004 12:56 AM

See if the Bullitt type scoops are any cheaper. They did not come in DSG, so it will not be pre-painted, But a set of 2 may be cheaper because they are more of a delete than a scoop. Of course, I am not sure, but something to check out. Merry Christmas!

FstMvr 12-26-2004 05:18 AM

Check with these guys--I've bought from them before. Might have some scratches, but will work in a pinch. You might have to call them to see if they have DSG available. Usually 20 - $70 depending on condition.

http://www.stangparts.com/home.cfm?s...products/index