2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Power Adders (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Any issues with AC after installing procharger? (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=114437)

fvmach1 06-30-2011 10:21 PM

Any issues with AC after installing procharger?

Hello All,

Since I installed the P1SC in my AC is not cooling as well as it used to, of course it has coincided with the Texas summer heat, but I am sure it used to be cooler. I took it to a friend that has a garage and they checked the high and low pressure lines with the AC running.

The Low pressure stayed around 30. The High was around 250 to 300. Then he sprayed a bunch of cold water on the condenser and it went down to 150. He claims the issue is the Procharger intercooler is blocking the airflow to cool the condenser and that is why the AC does not feel as cool as before.

I have also noticed that the AC is much cooler when i drive the car easy and keep it at around 2000 rpms.

I have noticed my AC compressor clicking more often as well as clicking much lowder. Any thoughts on what the reason could be?

Newskool Mach 07-01-2011 01:55 AM

Re: Any issues with AC after installing procharger?

I'm not to well versed in a/c but mine worked exactly the same as did before I installed my Procharger. My intercooler blocks about half of the condensor.

ASH302 07-01-2011 01:54 PM

mine works just as good as it did before the procharger went on, idk

ASh

littlemags 07-01-2011 04:04 PM

mine was fine after my install. I remember I had to bend an a/c line slightly when i put mine in. make sure you didnt crease anything like that???

ASH302 07-01-2011 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlemags (Post 1402229)
mine was fine after my install. I remember I had to bend an a/c line slightly when i put mine in. make sure you didnt crease anything like that???

that could be the problem, i was thinking that

ASh

nvthiszo6 07-01-2011 07:57 PM

I just had mine installed last week and am having the same issues. I noticed my ac wasn't as cool as it used to be. I was thinking it was because of the intercooler because in the morning it is ice cold but when it is around 100 it just doesn't cool like it used to. Also when i beat on it it gets really hot inside of the car.

fvmach1 07-06-2011 07:37 PM

I will have the compressor checked this weekend, i can hear it clicking a lot and there is a burning smell once in a while. I wonder if the compressor clutch is starting to fail

blown03Mach1 07-06-2011 08:42 PM

It is true that the intercooler will affect the efficiency of the condenser as it is restricting the air flow across the condensor. When you drive the car you are getting more cool air over the condenser.

Curious what your cooling fan settings are and what your water temps are when you are saying that it is not as cool as it use to.

Also if you cracked the a/c line by the radiator when you moved it in order to install the intake tube, you may have a slow leak. If the freon was low, then that will cause the a/c compressor to cycle a lot more like you are saying. This is due to the low pressure switch in the a/c system doing its job keeping you from burning up your compressor.

You can disconnect the connector at the dryer and put a jumper wire in the wiring harness side of the connector and this is essentially bypassing the low pressure switch. If the a/c compressor kicks on and continues to run like it should (not clicking off all the time) then your system is most likely low on freon or your low pressure switch may be going bad.

But then you said your friend checked out the freon levels, so I am not sure. It may just me the fan settings need adjusted to a lower temp in order to bring down your water temps. Have you installed water wetter or purple ice to your coolant to help with the heat transfer to the radiator?

ASH302 07-09-2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blown03Mach1 (Post 1403476)
But then you said your friend checked out the freon levels, so I am not sure. It may just me the fan settings need adjusted to a lower temp in order to bring down your water temps. Have you installed water wetter or purple ice to your coolant to help with the heat transfer to the radiator?

my buddy added some purple ice and said it was amazing, i was thinking bout tryin it out, just need to stop being lazy and go get some

ASh

JPJNTX 07-11-2011 12:08 AM

We have a V trim on ours. I didn't think it cooled like other new edge cars I'd been in. I think we have a leak, though.