2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Looking for advice/opinions (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=134887)

Iceman91 03-18-2016 01:05 PM

Looking for advice/opinions

So, here's the dilemma. I bought a 2014 GT a few months ago and the Mach has been relegated to car show duty only. I love the GT, fun to drive, powerful. The Mach is paid for and I was thinking of selling to perform upgrades on the GT (S/C, exhaust, etc.). The GT isn't daily driven, maybe a few times a week. Just thinking that I would enjoy doing more to the GT, but the Mach has "sentimental" value to me. Anyway, would appreciate any thoughts or opinions as to what my fellow Mach 1er's would do. Thanks!!

96gt02 03-18-2016 01:18 PM

Re: Looking for advice/opinions

I say sell the Mach and enjoy the GT more, it hard enough for me to even enjoy my Mach having my Focus ST daily driver, I cant imagine having two mustangs that barely get driven lol

Bruisbe 03-18-2016 01:30 PM

I think it strongly depends on what sort of definition you have for "sentimental" value..

The only reason I make the comment is because at some point, I do plan on getting a newer mustang, and even though my mach 1 fully paid off, I would never sell it because it was my dad's mach before he passed away.

Iceman91 03-18-2016 01:42 PM

Sentimental only because I've owned it the longest of any car I've had (six years..lol). I know it's a matter of taste and preference, but just trying to weigh the pro's and con's. If I were to sell the Mach, I would be looking at around 12K to play with.

Bruisbe 03-18-2016 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman91 (Post 1616106)
Sentimental only because I've owned it the longest of any car I've had (six years..lol). I know it's a matter of taste and preference, but just trying to weigh the pro's and con's. If I were to sell the Mach, I would be looking at around 12K to play with.

At that price you could easily do all of the bolt on mods on the new car along with suspension and engine mods as well...I guess it really depends on what your end performance goals are and how easily they can be reached with the new car.

mach18604 03-18-2016 03:10 PM

keep it! Im in the same boat.. mine is paid off and i want a newer stang!!

You didnt have to sell it to get the new new one.. So why sell it for Mods??

Just get mods over time..

SLO-RIDE 03-18-2016 06:28 PM

Over the years, I've learned that if you sell a fun car that you really like.....you will regret it at some point. :eyes: Looking back I should have kept a lot of my cars, especially my 67 Fastback GT. Now I can't find one that is clean and fair priced. Your Mach is pretty much done depreciating so why not keep it and do your mods to the GT as your fund$ allow.

Bruisbe 03-18-2016 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLO-RIDE (Post 1616128)
Over the years, I've learned that if you sell a fun car that you really like.....you will regret it at some point. :eyes: Looking back I should have kept a lot of my cars, especially my 67 Fastback GT. Now I can't find one that is clean and fair priced. Your Mach is pretty much done depreciating so why not keep it and do your mods to the GT as your fund$ allow.

I like this guys way of thinking...Im with him!!:stupid::stupid:

shadowmaker 03-18-2016 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman91 (Post 1616100)
So, here's the dilemma. I bought a 2014 GT a few months ago and the Mach has been relegated to car show duty only. I love the GT, fun to drive, powerful. The Mach is paid for and I was thinking of selling to perform upgrades on the GT (S/C, exhaust, etc.). The GT isn't daily driven, maybe a few times a week. Just thinking that I would enjoy doing more to the GT, but the Mach has "sentimental" value to me. Anyway, would appreciate any thoughts or opinions as to what my fellow Mach 1er's would do. Thanks!!

When was the last time you drove the Mach? Go drive it, that usually works for me. Actually, did this 2 days ago. I havent drove it since Oct and it has been sitting under the cover and was thinking about selling it. Uncovered it, went and washed it, drove around for about a hour, and was smiling the whole time.:worship::worship: It is back on the porch, covered up, and not for sale. :smokin:

not a gt 03-18-2016 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mach18604 (Post 1616114)
keep it! Im in the same boat.. mine is paid off and i want a newer stang!!

You didnt have to sell it to get the new new one.. So why sell it for Mods??

Just get mods over time..

+1 :pimp::yes:

Iceman91 03-18-2016 11:09 PM

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the advice. The Mach will stay in the stable. :)

ASH302 03-20-2016 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLO-RIDE (Post 1616128)

agree, I still miss the mach a lot and I also miss the 13 GT (had trade in for a auto, because of left knee) both were truly fun.
I love the Cobra though, but it isn't the mach

ASh

ASH302 03-20-2016 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman91 (Post 1616151)
Thanks everyone, I appreciate the advice. The Mach will stay in the stable. :)

glad to hear

ASh

Hpstang 03-20-2016 08:34 AM

I have been itching to buy a new 5.0 but I don't think I could ever part with my Mach. I love the car and no one has one around my area. I never see them but see 5.0 by the hundreds.

ASH302 03-20-2016 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hpstang (Post 1616238)
I have been itching to buy a new 5.0 but I don't think I could ever part with my Mach. I love the car and no one has one around my area. I never see them but see 5.0 by the hundreds.

The 5.0s are everywhere

ASh