2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Fluid Systems (coolant, oil, fuel) (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Is this possible? (probably for M1M lol) (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=106107)

40mach1 07-20-2010 02:54 PM

Is this possible? (probably for M1M lol)

So, about a week and one-half ago, Ford changed my coolant recovery tank because there was a crack in the bottom of it. Then they refilled and burped the system but told me they were having trouble beacuse it wouldn't burp. After about six hours, they said they finally got it to burp - okay fixed fine.

Just yesterday the car suddenly began overheating. Of course I blamed Ford because I alleged the system probably had air pockets, and or based upon them having trouble previously, that it was their fault.

So, I get the call today telling me the thermostat was causing the problem. Now, this may be coincidental, but does anyone know if I can blame them for the thermo problem, since it occurred so closely after they did the work? Well, at least they are being cool only chraging me $54 for the part and no labor along with the free tow they provided. Any thoughts?

2k4mach 07-20-2010 02:56 PM

Re: Is this possible? (probably for M1M lol)

if they flushed the system i can see some stray debris fawking with the thermostat.

40mach1 07-20-2010 03:29 PM

That is what I thought and thanks for your reply. So they said 50 dollars on the phone. I go there and see a bill for 169. So I complain to my service rep because I would not have agreed to that price. So, he pulled up my car and said get out of here - no charge. So I guess that was way cool of them! Will keep you guys posted. I am doing some serious driving today with the a/c full blast just to make sure now!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2k4mach (Post 1302912)
if they flushed the system i can see some stray debris fawking with the thermostat.

40mach1 07-22-2010 10:11 PM

Me too - yep, it has been running great. Bad thermostat confirmed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder (Post 1302929)
I just burped!

I wonder if your car did this last time?

Lonestar7 07-23-2010 12:40 PM

Good for you they were trying to rip you off! Burping can be a pain but its not brain surgery.

LS:claus:

40mach1 07-24-2010 02:44 PM

I agree with you totally. That is probably why they just did it for free. I tell ya, them dealerships are really questionable. But it is fixed so that is all I care about now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonestar7 (Post 1303669)
Good for you they were trying to rip you off! Burping can be a pain but its not brain surgery.

LS:claus: