2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   03-04 Mach's in car shows (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=68361)

ICANGO 08-08-2007 09:57 AM

03-04 Mach's in car shows

I go to several shows a summer around Wis. I have never entered my Mach. I have never seen a newer Mach 1 in a show in my area. I was just wondering if many of you see them in shows?

Machy uno 08-08-2007 10:25 AM

Re: 03-04 Mach's in car shows

Mines been in a few shows around here in Lubbock, never seen another one though. Last time I went I beat out a garage kept shelby that was in perfect condition. (mines a daily driver) They're a popular heritage model and do well in shows. I know they're a crowd pleaser as there usually is more people looking at my Mach then other mustangs in my mustang club when we show them. People know what the v6, gt, and even cobra is, but the mach isn't much known.

short answer.......ENTER THE MACH AND YE SHALL BE REWARDED......

ponygt65 08-08-2007 10:42 AM

I have entered my Ex's and I have seen plenty of new edge machs in shows.:COOL:

MachGirl04 08-08-2007 11:40 AM

I always see a few or more Machs at the Ford shows. I haven't been going to the shows with everything there. At a Stang show most people are aware of the Mach and what it is all about. I even got 2 people last weekend mentioning the "white" mach. They were talking about how it's the rarest! haha! I know someone is going to come and blast me for that. But THEY said it, one of the guys has a DSG that he was selling.

I love to go to shows, you get to see what everyone is doing to the Mach. Everyone has something different on theirs. Excellent place for a newb like me.

FEARED 08-08-2007 12:02 PM

im putting mine in one this weekend.. I think i stand a chance, but im not getting my hopes up because there are some NICE cars in our area.

RightTime 08-08-2007 12:36 PM

Last summer I entered my black 04 Mach in an all Ford show, took 1st place in the 99 and newer Mustang class. I was up against Saleens, Shelbys, Cobras, tuner GTs and Roushes. I also think alot of people go for the heritage. I have a few added chrome items but not alot, and the stock wheels.

:THUMBSUP:

MoCkiN U 08-08-2007 12:43 PM

ICANGO:

each show i have been in ford based this year has had a mach in it. I have entered 5 this year but they have all been southern based wisconsin shows. The fartest north I got was the EAA show in oshkosh

Thunderbolt 08-08-2007 01:11 PM

You should enter your Mach. The cold weather states don't seem to have as many Mach's as the warm weather states, so people don't see them as much. Even bone stock Mach's can win at car shows.

04BLKMACH1 08-08-2007 01:39 PM

deffinatly enter... its nice seeing people comming up to look at your car!! ive taken my mach to shows even when it was fully stock, i knew i wasnt going to win anything. after all the stuff ive done i took it to superstangfest a few months back and there was at least 5 machs there i walked away with first place in the best mach category..its a good time have fun with it

71mach103 08-09-2007 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ICANGO (Post 836803)
I go to several shows a summer around Wis. I have never entered my Mach. I have never seen a newer Mach 1 in a show in my area. I was just wondering if many of you see them in shows?

Not alot of Machs around here, maybe even fewer in your area. Add to that the fact that some of us refuse to do car shows...go ahead and enter yours, couldn't hurt.

TJ4Cam 08-09-2007 12:01 PM

Not alot of Mach 1's here, but you still cannot beat the rods and classics at our shows in this area, not to mention if its only a top 20 and part. judged...might as well go home early if you are expecting a trophy. Now that being said, I go just to enjoy the cars and car people.

MidlandMach1 08-09-2007 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MachGirl04 (Post 836838)
I even got 2 people last weekend mentioning the "white" mach. They were talking about how it's the rarest! haha!

I'm not blasting by any means but, although white was the least produced color of machs, the rarest mach would be a competition orange automatic if you go by production numbers. On top of that though, you could go into Roush machs, ect... as the rarest.

MachGirl04 08-09-2007 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidlandMach1 (Post 837518)
I'm not blasting by any means but, although white was the least produced color of machs, the rarest mach would be a competition orange automatic if you go by production numbers. On top of that though, you could go into Roush machs, ect... as the rarest.

I didn't say it was the rarest, the other dudes there said that. :3: Mine's auto too. If you just went by 04's a white auto is pretty rare, too. Just saying there are some people there who think about the rarity of our Machs, whether thay have actual numbers or not, ya know?
By no means would I dis your orange Mach, it's one of my favs!

MachGirl04 08-09-2007 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71mach103 (Post 837428)
Not alot of Machs around here, maybe even fewer in your area. Add to that the fact that some of us refuse to do car shows...go ahead and enter yours, couldn't hurt.

Hi 71, Why do you refuse to do car shows? Just curious. I know I much prefer to go and be a spectator. That's WAY more fun, less stress and less work for me!

2k4mach 08-09-2007 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MachGirl04 (Post 837525)
Hi 71, Why do you refuse to do car shows? Just curious. I know I much prefer to go and be a spectator. That's WAY more fun, less stress and less work for me!

Lazy azz :D

MACH1RAMAIR 08-09-2007 12:45 PM

I've entered in car shows from new, don't care if I win, get to meet people and it gives you a front row parking space. 2006 I won best in class 1st place at Ford NMRA Atco drag way 99 & newer. There were Cobras, GT's, I Shelby 3 Mach1's all toll about 24 Mustangs.
This year I won best in class at Maple Grove drag way out of about 18 cars only 1 Mach1.
The outside of my Mach is stock, have some chrome under hood and the normal Billitt stuff inside.
Go and have some fun and meet some new people.
Bill

MachGirl04 08-09-2007 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2k4mach (Post 837530)
Lazy azz :D

Pipe down, beanie-boy. can't you see that I'm trying to behave myself here? :wings: yeah, right!!

MidlandMach1 08-09-2007 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MachGirl04 (Post 837523)
I didn't say it was the rarest, the other dudes there said that. :3: Mine's auto too. If you just went by 04's a white auto is pretty rare, too. Just saying there are some people there who think about the rarity of our Machs, whether thay have actual numbers or not, ya know?
By no means would I dis your orange Mach, it's one of my favs!

Like I said, I wasn't bashing at all, just making a statement. I wanted a white mach but my friend bought one a couple weeks before I got mine so I went with orange instead (which worked out great because it happpens to be my favorite color along with white). Its funny to look at our driveway because there are seven white vehicles and one orange one. People think I'm the outcast of the family! BTW, how did you know I drove an orange mach?

MachGirl04 08-09-2007 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidlandMach1 (Post 837549)
Like I said, I wasn't bashing at all, just making a statement. I wanted a white mach but my friend bought one a couple weeks before I got mine so I went with orange instead (which worked out great because it happpens to be my favorite color along with white). Its funny to look at our driveway because there are seven white vehicles and one orange one. People think I'm the outcast of the family! BTW, how did you know I drove an orange mach?

HAHA! maybe because everyone with a ZY, SY, OW, CO, or AB is always trying to claim the rarity prize! You gave it away!

When I visit the family, my car is the outcast, too, b/c I'm the only one who has NEVER driven a truck or a minivan. They don't get why I would drive this "little" car with 2 kids. If they can't LOOK at the Mach and figure that one out, then I give up trying to explain.:wall: Freakin' Hoosiers!

MidlandMach1 08-09-2007 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MachGirl04 (Post 837560)
HAHA! maybe because everyone with a ZY, SY, OW, CO, or AB is always trying to claim the rarity prize! You gave it away!

I wasn't trying to claim the rarity prize, I just listed the CO auto because production wise it is the rarest, not just because I drive a CO mach. I have a stick car but wish I would have went the auto route. I'm jealous of your white auto!

MachGirl04 08-09-2007 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidlandMach1 (Post 837569)
I wasn't trying to claim the rarity prize, I just listed the CO auto because production wise it is the rarest, not just because I drive a CO mach. I have a stick car but wish I would have went the auto route. I'm jealous of your white auto!

Come on up here. Bring the CO, I'll trade you for a day! And in fairness, at car shows, I've only seen one CO so far, never thought I'd want an orange car. Then I saw one in for myself. I was wrong. I really loved it. I haven't seen a pic of one yet that does justice to it.SWEEEEEET!

FlyMACH1 08-09-2007 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MachGirl04 (Post 837560)

C'mon - everyone knows that the AB, 5 speed, IUP is the rarest and fastest Mach produced :smack:
:CHEERS:

24kmach 08-09-2007 02:53 PM

Of the one or two car shows I have gone to we do see a few Machs in our aera.:D

71mach103 08-09-2007 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MachGirl04 (Post 837525)

Went to a few when I first got the Mach, more to meet people and have a good time then anything. Between the lame categories ( like I care about someone's overly blinged engine bay ), and the vast number off azzhats who think they are God's gift to cardom the shows were not fun at all. I honestly wasn't there with any intent to win a trophy....but they were not the least bit enjoyable.

MachGirl04 08-09-2007 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71mach103 (Post 837675)
Went to a few when I first got the Mach, more to meet people and have a good time then anything. Between the lame categories ( like I care about someone's overly blinged engine bay ), and the vast number off azzhats who think they are God's gift to cardom the shows were not fun at all. I honestly wasn't there with any intent to win a trophy....but they were not the least bit enjoyable.

I hear what you're saying! IF you ever decide to try again, see if you can find one with a class for our Machs. You MIGHT meet some cool people then!:) But in any case, I wouldn't go expecting to win. It's just a cool place for ideas. Some shows seem better than others.

Don't blame you though! The most important thing is that YOU like your car just the way it is. You don't have to put it in a stinkin' beauty contest and prove anything to an azzhat!:31: