2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Engine & Drivetrain (Including trans & rear axles) (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   pulled the trigger (trans) (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=103799)

01snake 05-02-2010 08:40 PM

pulled the trigger (trans)

dropped off the deposit thursday should be done in 2 weeks...

what i have coming..is a C4 with reverse manual valve body. trans brake, 3800-4200 stall (n/a +spray), deep oil pan, 30k gvw trans cooler...capable of 750-1000hp:THUMBSUP:

should be intresting never had a auto like this before...really curious how its gonna be on the street with the stall and 4.30's

Unrealford 05-02-2010 10:25 PM

Re: pulled the trigger (trans)

I cant compare with a tranny like yours, But I absolutely fell back in love with my car once the stall was installed. I had my wife drive me around in it because I wont be able to drive for 3 more weeks, But I love the extra sound from the exhaust it makes when going from light to light, Car almost feels like its lbs lighter

PeteEpple 05-02-2010 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 01snake (Post 1277403)
dropped off the deposit thursday should be done in 2 weeks...

what i have coming..is a C4 with reverse manual valve body. trans brake, 3800-4200 stall (n/a +spray), deep oil pan, 30k gvw trans cooler...capable of 750-1000hp:THUMBSUP:

should be intresting never had a auto like this before...really curious how its gonna be on the street with the stall and 4.30's

normally you lose some street ability with a full manual valve body... they dont like to downshift... at least gently hahaha you should have fun with it! it sounds like a serious trans!

01snake 05-03-2010 12:59 PM

The guys name is mike ridings live by me....got hooked up through a buddy and he does alot of cars around here i guess

He dident really tell me exactly what was being done inside the tranny wise, but i can find out when i pick it up. I told him i really know nothing about autos....

And i plan to run the spray off the trans brake but really have no idea how to wire it?? As for the 2 step that will have to wait unless livernois can do it when i get it tuned with a certain software..

Roy 05-03-2010 02:10 PM

Mike Ridings has an awesome reputation around here. That trans should work great for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 01snake (Post 1277554)
The guys name is mike ridings live by me....got hooked up through a buddy and he does alot of cars around here i guess

He dident really tell me exactly what was being done inside the tranny wise, but i can find out when i pick it up. I told him i really know nothing about autos....

And i plan to run the spray off the trans brake but really have no idea how to wire it?? As for the 2 step that will have to wait unless livernois can do it when i get it tuned with a certain software..

Roy 05-03-2010 02:15 PM

To leave off the trans brake on the spray I just run the ground wire from the nitrous relay thru another relay that is normally closed thats hooked to the trans brake switch. When you're on the TB button the second relay will open taking the ground away from the nitrous relay. Just be sure to hang on when you dump the TB button!!!

01snake 05-03-2010 03:53 PM

Ya i will get ahold of one of you guys or post about it when i get ready for it..

He matched me up with the stall according to my mods...i thought i would have needed a higher one like 4400 but we will see i kno the cobra 4vs arnt as tq'y down low like the machs...i think my powerband really starts around 4300rpms

Dan03mach 05-08-2010 12:24 AM

I hope that C4 hold up for you. I know when you start making that type of power those C4's don't last too long. That is why I bought a Rossler Terminator 4 TH400... I know it is over kill for my set up but I don't want to have to take it out and fix anything either.