2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Power Adders (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   help me decide (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=84724)

shake this 09-09-2008 05:12 PM

help me decide

I’m contemplating doing an Eaton swap but don’t know if I want to deal with all the headaches or have the car down during the time it would take to compete the install (it’s my dd). One of the local cobra guys is offering me his stock Eaton, plenum, tb and pulley for $350, is this a good deal?

Should I just bite the bullet and do it? If I do the swap now, it will be at least 2 more years before I could build the bottom end but I’m not hard on her much as it is. I would just like to have power when I wanted rather then deal with the bottle each time I want to play.

Scott McClure 09-09-2008 05:14 PM

Re: help me decide

I wouldn't do it. The parts you listed are the easiest to come by for the swap. Your still short many parts.

shake this 09-09-2008 05:23 PM

yea...about 65 to go. I figure if he's doing a true turbo swap, I might be able to get more parts from him and or swap a few of mine for his. Still don't know if I want to deal with it all. My biggest pro to doing it is I've always wanted the Cobra due to the supercharger but I'm not willing to give up the Mach for one. Just figured this would give me the best of both worlds.

If you had the choice, would you do it again?

machgsxr 09-09-2008 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shake this (Post 1044758)
yea...about 65 to go. I figure if he's doing a true turbo swap, I might be able to get more parts from him and or swap a few of mine for his. Still don't know if I want to deal with it all. My biggest pro to doing it is I've always wanted the Cobra due to the supercharger but I'm not willing to give up the Mach for one. Just figured this would give me the best of both worlds.

If you had the choice, would you do it again?

If you can get him to swap everything over I would do. If all your getting is the s/c, tb, plenum, then I would wait and find somebody selling more for their turbo swap. Alot of them start pulling parts off in the next month or two for that turbo swap so I would keep an eye out on svtp like a hawk for somebody doing that.

I would do it again in a heartbeat to my wife's car if she would let me and I had the money for that project. :23:

shake this 09-09-2008 05:35 PM

I've got a thread posted on SVT looking for someone who is doing a full turbo swap. I might even check with the local Mustang shop in town that has a large Cobra base. I'm sure I could hold out and get most of the parts needed but I would like to pull from as few people as I possible to help keep the cost down. I figure if I could get the majority of the parts for around 2K, then I think it would be worth the time to do it. Once I start getting around 3K, that's in the same price range as a procharger kit w/o all the headaches.