Thread: Project CH3KM8T
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 03:31 PM   #1
c0nfl1kt
Serious Business

Project CH3KM8T

As some of you already know, I am getting a custom single turbo kit made by Jace(86lxnotch). In fact, he started not even 2 weeks ago and is already welding up the piping getting it ready for painting and then off to the tuner. Here is a link to the main album where I have been saving the pictures:

http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m...lives/CH3KM8T/

Here are a few that stand out:

With this endeavour also come a ton of questions. Most of them have been answered by others, but I still wish to gather the general educated concensus. I am not a rich man, but I also do not want to put my engine in harms way. I know I have to forge, and that is what I plan to do with my tax rebate check. Right now, the tune is going to be kept at a safe 7psi. Ultimately, I wish to pull 550-600hp out of this engine. Now, I do have an buddy that uses a very good engine builder who I have yet to talk to. But, since most of you are knowledgeable in your own respects, I am asking anyways.

Compression has to be brought down. Would a combination of boring 0.020 over and an 11cc dished piston be more advisable than an 17-18cc piston? I have seen vast differences on what guys suggest to other guys in respects to the cc volume in the dish of the piston when it comes to Nitrous, Supercharger(cent & twin screw), and turbo.

What would keep me from blowing my engine up(besides the obvious responsible driving) until spring when I expect to get a forged rotating?

Also, what is a recommended transmission and clutch set up?

Thanks very much for your input. I hope to hear some constructive information that I can use on my street car.
c0nfl1kt is offline   Reply With Quote