Thread: 4.30's or 4.10
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 09:09 PM   #114
CMcCarthy
Former Mach 1 owner

Re: 4.30's or 4.10

To clarify TRXboy, that was a stock Mach with 4.30s on gatorbacks on the street. Ok lets play nice now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpMach1 View Post
Sorry but you are wrong. You can correctly drive your 4.30 gears and stock tires all you want but they will never keep up with sticky tires, on the track or the street.

Have you launched with 4.30s with stock tires at the track? Most are unable to get < 2.0 60 ft and that is with 3.55 gears. What do you think happens when with 4.30s?

Nice video and good shifting, but every gear you spun, you lost time. Sticky tires won't do that.

Good sir, this little gem is sitting in my garage...

Yes, I've launched with sticky tires and 4.30s. I'm not a know-it-all teenager or a first time Mustang owner like the majority of the Mach 1 crowd. Quite the contrary. I've been racing stick cars for 20 years, this ain't my first time at the rodeo.

Never did I imply the sticky tires are pointless. I merely refuted the claim that 4.30s will increase wheelspin compared to 3.55s. This is absolutely not the case in the hands of a competent driver. Of course slicks are faster... and a car with slicks and 4.30s will be faster than a car with slicks and 3.55 gears. In all circumstances, a car with 4.30 gears will be quicker if the driver knows what he's doing. I know what I'm doing... do you?

Last edited by blazinsteed; 01-23-2009 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Lets tone it down.
CMcCarthy is offline   Reply With Quote