View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 07:44 AM   #191
HAEG
Heppasketties

Re: Carlisle All Ford Nationals - Mach 1 Registry Meet 2009

Pardon me while I bore you by being a proud parent.
My 11 yr old sons Odyssey of the Mind team has done well again this year and are moving onto the World Finals being held on the campus of the University of Iowa. They won both the Regional and State competitions.
Last year the Worlds Competition was held at the University of Maryland, at that competition they placed 6th in the World out of 52 teams.

Explanation of Odyssey
Odyssey of the Mind is an international educational program that provides creative problem-solving opportunities for students from kindergarten through college. Kids apply their creativity to solve problems that range from building mechanical devices to presenting their own interpretation of literary classics. They then bring their solutions to competition on the local, state, and World level. Thousands of teams from throughout the U.S. and from about 25 other countries participate in the program.
Odyssey of the Mind is a competitive program, but it's nothing like your typical sporting event. The competitive element encourages kids to be the best that they can be, but it's a friendly competition. Kids learn from and even cheer on their competitors. Odyssey of the Mind is not a college bowl or a competition about knowledge. It's all about creativity, an often overlooked element in the growth and development of many students. Kids are rewarded more for how they apply their knowledge, skills and talents, and not for coming up with the right answer. In fact, in Odyssey of the Mind problems, there isn't one right answer. Ever.
These teams are then invited to participate in the annual Odyssey of the Mind World Finals, where they compete with teams from countries around the world, including Canada(Eh), China, Germany, Hungary, Japan, Kazakhstan, Lithuania, Malaysia, Poland, Singapore, and Uzbekistan. New countries join the program each year.

My two boys and myself will be at Carlisle on Saturday. If I can get out there early enough I will meet you at the Homewood and drive in together, thats one of my favorite parts of the show weekend. Can wait to see everyone again.
Sorry we can't make the BBQ.
M1R Member #1829
2011 Shelby GT-500 Grabber Blue
W/SVT Performance Package
Born on Friday, 6-25-2010
Purchased 8-19-2010

2003 Zinc Yellow Auto I/UP (Build #8280 of 9652)
Born on Thursday, 7/17/03
Purchased 8-18-2003 first owner
Sold 8-19-2010 bought GT500
Purchased again 3-3-2017 fifth owner
Purchased for my wife to drive (but she knows I love the car)
HAEG is offline   Reply With Quote