View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 06:10 PM   #151
305HP

Re: Under Drive Pulleys..and the problems they cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmhutch View Post
If you honestly want to understand this topic than you should take the time to read this thread. There is a lot of good information that will help you make a better informed decision. As to your point about engine builders, understand that it's not that they just dont use them, it's that every respected modular engine builder says NOT to use them. They advise AGAINST it. They say DONT do it. It has nothing to do with discounts or sponsorship. It is simply shared expertise coming from the people who know best.

I've been in this thread sine Page 1. Ford them selfs use under driven pulleys on the CobraR, and an under driven Crank pulley on all the CobraJet and Supersnake motors.

I haven't seen a single case of a oil pump failing that wasn't on a car that was over rev'd or wasn't on an engine that wasn't used for heavy track use. No ones shown a single daily drive/weekend racer that has had issues. All you hear is talk about engines that were built to hit 8000RPM, or people reving 7500+ on their stock pump having issues. I coant find a single thread about a person staying at 7200 or lower and having issues.

I've asked for YEARS for a thread of a weekend racer or daily driver that has had issues and was proven to be the crank pulley and NO ONE has shown me one. If anything they have been PROVEN to be safe on the street with how FEW have broken anything vs how many stock pulley s have broken pumps. Even the cars creator couldn't say it was the pulleys due to how many stock ones have broken.

So lease spread all the FUD you want, in the end pulleys breaking pumps ONLY applies to cars that are often reving past redline