View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 04:30 PM   #20
TRMach1
Once Bitten-Twice Shy

Re: whipple, KB, eaton?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino View Post
This post is so much fail.

EDIT(now that i'm on a comp and not my phone): the forging of the bottom end only builds strength against power. not strength against bad tunes and ****ups. not even kryptonite will save you then.
a correctly setup boosted car will reliably produce 420 easily, 450 depending on setup. and i mean reliably. i know 2 cars locally that have been boosted for over 100k miles now. only extra maintenance has been, of course, head unit rebuilds.
Well goody goody for you. I stand by my post 100%. Ask member CMEMach1 how it felt when his impeccably maintained, Jon Lund tuned, Procharged 9psi, stock bottom end broke a ring land after about 30k+ miles.

These stock engines have extremely soft rotating assemblys, and if you plan on pushing 125+ more horsepower, and pressures, than what they were intended for, you better have an insurance policy in the form of some decent rods and pistons, and that's a fact. Sure some people can walk that razors edge and get away with it, just like I'm still running the stock TR3650 tranny, after all the so-called experts claimed it would disintegrate under the kind of power I'm producing, but that doesn't make it the norm.

You're exactly the kind of person I wouldn't let touch my car with a 10 foot pole!
Mach1Registry.com Member #7
MCA Member #52787
Nice to meet you, my name's Jim

03 Torch Red Mach 1, 5-speed, IUP
Sold on July 21st 2012!

2011 Shelby GT500, Ebony Black, Silver Stripes, 6-speed
550hp 510tq Purchased July 23, 2012!
TRMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote