View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 10:09 PM   #22
Scott McClure
Mach1 member

Re: whipple, KB, eaton?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffs View Post
I don't see how it would blow up if it would only be pullied for 10-12 psi, they do make larger pullies than Terminator guys use. I wouldn't call that a "bang-for-the-buck" route by no means, unless maybe down the road he wanted to upgrade his short-block and later pulley that sucker up to 17-19psi. I think a person could bolt on a F1A onto a small 4 cylinder and drive the blower slow enough that the engine wouldn't "blow" on the first wot pull.

Btw, I've noticed there's alot of "can't be done" stuff in your posts/replies. I'm sure your car rocks, but I wouldn't say that you are the "final" word by no means.
The stock pulley that comes on a 2.3 Whipple for an 03-04 Cobra makes 13 lbs of boost @ 8.5:1 compression. With a Mach 1 motor @ 10.1:1 compression that equates to 15 psi or better. (You did know that more compression means more boost didn't you?) I have many years of experience with many different combos of blowers and motors on Mach 1's so I'm not just spouting off on a topic I know nothing of. What you need to understand is the things you are trying to accomplish I already have.

2003 Mach 1 Whipple 2.3 718 rwhp 735 rwtq @25 psi SOLD
Scott McClure is offline   Reply With Quote