View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 09:05 PM   #24
jeffs

Re: whipple, KB, eaton?

Quote:
Originally Posted by txmach302 View Post
Jeffs i think what Scott is tryin to say that some s/c kits are made for higher boost and aren't made for motors that can't take em, it would be likke getting a F1 an putti it on a stock mach 1, would be a waste time and money. the thing is that you might go over kill and hurt yourmotor.

just tryin to help you out and let you know what can/can't happen,

here is a suggestion; why don't you with a stock bottom end do a eaton swap, set yourself up for around 450rwhp and then build up the motor next. once thats done, turn boost up. the when you have enough money do the s/c kit you want

just a suggestion, good luck

ASh
I understand what you guys are saying, but if I had a mach 1 and new I wanted to end up with a larger twin screw later down the road, I wouldn't waste my time with an Eaton. Even if it meant paying for a custom 4" blower pulley to keep the boost at bay before doing an engine build to handle some additional boost.

Also, driving a large pd blower slower will still make good power, however the boost, and power will be a bit more linear with rpm sort of like a centrifugal, but not as bad. However, if you plan on staying with your stock reciprocating assembly and your happy with 4xx rwhp, the Eaton will serve you fine.

I'm sort of rambling here, but my main point is that your engine will not blow up just because you place a 2.2 or 2.3 Liter twin screw blower on your Mach if youn keep the boost down..
Mac cai / accufab throttle body and inlet
BBK longtubes w/xpipe and full exhaust
Spec 3+ clutch w/26 spline input shaft upgrade
Maxximum motorsports full length subframe connectors.

interested in modding an automatic Mach-1
jeffs is offline   Reply With Quote