View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 06:25 PM   #13
4valve 4tw?

Re: 2012 Boss or 2013 Boss (styling)

Front end/hood- 2012, the gt/boss bumper had sharper, more aggressive lines then the more rounded shelby. Plus without the center hood bulge it takes away even more styling points. Heat vents are never a bad thing though, but that's only credit I can give to the 13's front end.

Wheels- 2013 laguna seca/302s wheels. I think the regular rounded spoke boss wheels are pretty tame looking. I also like the old ls red wheels, but only the spokes should have been highlighted in red, not the rim itself. Was just too much.

Stripes- I would have said the hockey stick stripes in the past, but after all the 05-09 boss 302 "packages" running around the last few years, the C stripes have grown on me. Being reflective now sounds kinda cheesy. Gloss or glossy metallic stripes as opposed to the 12's flat stripes would have been pretty good looking though.

Rear- My least favorite part of any 05+. 10-13 looks so bloated from the back, but the new lights and new lower section just don't do it for me, at least not yet. I give the nod to 2012.

I gotta say this about both though. I know the boss 302 name is a big one, but times have changed. This day and age things are a bit different, I'm surprised they didn't call it the "boss 5.0" on the stripes. Would have been a modernization while still being a throwback. Guess Ford wanted the connection to be a direct one.
4valve 4tw? is offline   Reply With Quote