View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 12:13 PM   #24
Nekasrof
Hillclimb Extraodinaire

Re: Recent Road Course Upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derk View Post
So, if I went to 245s on rear I would cut better lap times because it would understeer less?

And as it sets right now, I spend more time trying to keep the rear in the rear. Between the 4.10s and the snap oversteer that's more than a handful. When I get back home I'll post up our last course layout and the areas that I had to manage oversteer and the areas that I had to manage understeer.
It would understeer less, yes. However, the 4.10s will hurt you now unless you really concentrate on rolling into the throttle and not mashing it.

The snap oversteer you are experiencing is from 1 of 2 things: Either the rear tires are grabbing as your speed increases or you're letting off the throttle and they're grabbing. I'll guess you're letting off the throttle while sliding. NORMALLY you don't get a snap over steer when you stay on the throttle in a corner. It's a learned skill NOT to let off while sliding. When the back end is coming around, you tend to want to let off to get things to settle down. Unless you are seriously about to hit something or pointing 90 degrees off the direction of travel, it's normally a good idea to stay on the throttle and counter steer. This is a difficult thing to learn.
Again, the 315s will have way more grip than the 245s. As soon as you let off, you're going in the other direction.
By the way, in-car video is your friend. There are MANY times where I could say "I was doing X here an doing Y there" and my in-car told me "NO YOU WEREN'T!!!". It's an awesome tool for skill building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrad88 View Post
Agreed. I have found unless I stuck with motorsport stuff exclusively, I have had to do some tweaking when mixing and matching.

I asked mostly because he has our cat-back on his car, and I was curious because of that.
Adding a PHB will take out back end sway. BUT, it'll also induce bind.

Motor + Procharger + driver = Baddest hillclimbing Mach 1 in the country
Mustang dyno: 538hp/481tq @ 14lbs/19deg timing
DynoJet comparison: 600hp/539tq

Looking for more hillclimbers!
Nekasrof is offline   Reply With Quote