View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 12:00 PM   #23
Dan03mach
Spool'n UP

Re: NEED HELP!! This car will not stop overheating

I'd like to see how you are filling it up and burping the system my self. Take the thermastat out and put it in some water on the stove and see if it is opening fully. If that is working put it back. Open the resivor and open the crossover fill hole. Fill the crossover till it is completely full I use a funnel so it puts pressure all the way to the resivor and burps all the air out of the system. I also put a funnel on the resivor to catch the extra water so it also keeps the crossover completely full to the very top when you screw the cap back on it. Next start the car with the resivor cap off and let it run and idle till the temp gets up there. It should burp all the air out. turn the heater on to make sure all the air is out of the heater core lines too. If you see water coming out the fire while onto the ground out the condensate drain you have a leaking heater core. Now if you can monitor the coolant temps through a programmer that would be great. After you let it idle for a long time and all the air is out and everything is hot. pull some water out of the resivor with a hose or something then put the cap on and see if it over heats still.

"SLOW STREET CAR"

Mods:

Turbocharged
9 Sec. Slow Street Car
Dan03mach is offline   Reply With Quote