View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 10:39 PM   #90
Dan03mach
Spool'n UP

Re: Thread for those of us who tune our own cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by watman02 View Post
So by what you say then why wouldnt the base fuel table just be set at stoic then and you could use a power/boost enrichment table like gm does? Please post a screnscreen shot of your fuel table i would love to see what your doing.
If thats the case then set the base fuel table to 17.0afr @ wot and be sure to datalog it and post it up for us.
I'm not sure what GM does I don't tune GM cars. I tuned my car in open loop because I was having issues with the o2 sensors not reading correctly and wanted to take them out. They were causing extra fuel to be commanded because they were showing a leaner then commanded a/f ratio then what was being commanded with the BFT. So I tuned my car using the MTF in open loop to insure that the motor was getting exactly the amount of fuel at the different load ranges and maf counts that I wanted. from idle at 160 counts all the way to full load and boost seeing over 960 counts on the MAF. So like I said with my car being in open from idle to full boost it doesn't use the base fuel table and the computer doesn't makes adjustments from what I have command in the MTF.

Now my car is mainly a track car and is one of the fastest on this site and if it was a mild modded car or a car that is driven on the street a lot I would use the o2's and tune the car using the fuel tables to control a/f ratios. the way I tune mine might not be the same as the way others would tune their car but the drivability is excellant all thru the different load ranges and at WOT. Tuning a car with 160lb injectors with a BW S482 billet turbo isn't too easy when the boost kicks in and you go from 500 counts to 900+ in a little of a second.

"SLOW STREET CAR"

Mods:

Turbocharged
9 Sec. Slow Street Car
Dan03mach is offline   Reply With Quote