View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 03:57 PM   #93
Dan03mach
Spool'n UP

Re: Thread for those of us who tune our own cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach828 View Post
Any fix as to why it was throwing a lot of fuel at one bank? Mine is doing the same thing. I replaced the o2 sensor and it was great for a day, and now it is throwing 25% fuel at the drivers side so it starts to run like trash. I guess I could limit the closed loop stft correction to 5%, or just leave it in open loop like I've been doing. I think it has a slight leak from the primary but nothing that bad. The location on the collector is less than optimal, and its at 9 o'clock.

I think the tuning guide mentioned that it was challenging to tune large turbo cars because the maf counts will flatline even though the car will continue to make power, so it will start to go lean. And you had to use the fuel multipliers or the base fuel table to get more fuel.
Major exhaust leak before the o2 sensor, bad o2 sensor, bad connector anything like that will cause it to read wrong. This is a good example of why I run my car in open loop all the time if your tune is correctly done you won't have an issue running it in open loop. From what you are saying it sounds like a lazy o2 sensor and they do go out. Are you using OEM Ford o2's or aftermarkert? I'd only run the ford ones they seem the last the longest and work the best.

"SLOW STREET CAR"

Mods:

Turbocharged
9 Sec. Slow Street Car
Dan03mach is offline   Reply With Quote