View Single Post
Old 03-03-2015, 06:32 PM   #110
Dan03mach
Spool'n UP

Re: Thread for those of us who tune our own cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchambers View Post
You still didn't answer the question. How is the fuel mass determined? If all you're doing is adjusting the MAF curve to hit some fueling target that you've got in your mind, then you're doing what is referred to as 'raping the MAF curve'. When in open loop, the ECM is looking to the base fuel table for the target lambda. Since you've forced it open loop, its looking to this table at ALL times (sans startup) whether you're at WOT or not. When you adjust the MAF curve, you should be seeking to match your measured lambda to this commanded lambda from the base fuel table. Look, if you guys are doing this yourselves you should at least be trying to do it as correctly as possible.
I see how the ECM is looking at the BFT in Open loop or WOT so how does it get to the desired lambda at WOT or open loop? My MTF is pretty close to what I have commanded in the BFT but not exactly the same. How does the ECM make adjustments to try to get to the commanded lambda in the BFT? I thought if I adjust the #/min. at any AD count then it would either increase or decrease the amount of fuel for that AD count. Now if your BFT is not the same as this desired a/f then you need to adjust the BFT but i'm trying to see how adjusting the BFT makes any adjustment to what is commanded in the MTF.

If someone is knows something that I don't I'm always willing to learn

"SLOW STREET CAR"

Mods:

Turbocharged
9 Sec. Slow Street Car

Last edited by Dan03mach; 03-03-2015 at 07:19 PM.
Dan03mach is offline   Reply With Quote