View Single Post
Old 12-23-2019, 05:12 PM   #1
b3warnick

Replacing my Mach 1

So......

Mach 1 was totaled by water. What would i buy to replace it?

Thought about putting the insurance money into my old 5.0. But there's really no one here in the fl. panhandle that I would trust to install a new motor or rebuild the current one and upgrade the trans, drive train and rearend. Just limited in what there is around here.

New body style just hasn't grown on me, so I started looking for a '13 or '14 5.0. Searched dealers from Tallahassee to Dothan to Pensacola. Autotrader, AutoMall, Carfax, CarMax, Autonation. Either too much (for what I wanted to pay) or too many miles.

Hmmm...... what are my alternatives? Taurus SHO....maybe. A little expensive, but doable. Again, could not find the right one - the right combo of price and mileage.

Keep looking

In Tampa last weekend. Option 3 .... Found 2 of these, one silver and the other Burgundy Velvet .... I went with the Burgundy:

2017 Ford Fusion Sport - 20k miles. I really like this car. In Sport mode, it's a lot of fun. No mods for awhile, just enjoying it as is:

https://davidwarnick.smugmug.com/Bosie/n-H25JL8/

I named her Farrah. She's quicker than Maria Mach was (even with cold air, catback and 4:10s .)
b3warnick is offline   Reply With Quote