View Single Post
Old 02-24-2007, 11:20 AM   #189
FordMan
I Am Cornholio!!!

Re: Hanging/Slow dropping RPM FIX inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieroMan View Post
Thanks for all the good info, Everyone. I will be installing mine on Sunday if all goes well.

I am also installing a JLT RAI, so I wonder if I should install both at the same time or just the RAI. I'm thinking just RAI to make sure all is working correctly, then adding the restrictor plate to the IAC.

I assume I need to disconnect the battery for a half an hour after each install?

I don't know the computer re-programming process (since I have been away from the Mustang scene for over 10 years now), so do I wait a while to see if the computer is learning to deal with the changes or should I assume something is wrong if the car sounds bad after the very first start? (on both the RAI and the restrictor)

Does that make sense? The kids woke me up too **** early this morning...or was it that I stayed up too **** late last night...
Install the JLT first, and then the plate. You may have to enlarge the smaller hole in 1/32" stages to get the desired idle drop, and by doing so separately you will know that it's not the RAI having any influence on your idle.

I would disconnect the battery for the RAI install, but not for the IAC plate mod.
FordMan is offline   Reply With Quote