View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 11:03 AM   #11
TRMach1
Once Bitten-Twice Shy

Re: Quick Question about original Mach 1's

Quote:
Originally Posted by matab14 View Post
Maybe this dumb but I'd never heard of it......Did they produce a "shakerless" Mach 1 in 1969? A friend of mine claims they and his buddy supposedly has one apparently 1 of 200 produced.....yet I've never seen it around nor have I seen any others.....I always thought the entire design concept of the Mach 1 always incorporated the shaker? Maybe some of you experts can enlighten me and give me some info what a car like that might be worth if in good shape?
I went back and re-read your post, and it is possible, kinda like winning the lottery, that your friend could have an extremely rare 1969 Limited Edition 600 Mustang! Information about them below.

"The Limited Edition 600 was a promotional unit developed by the Philadelphia sales district in May of 1969. The 600 consisted of special order, custom colored Mustangs in either "Flower Power Red" or "Groovy Green." This promotion was only available on hardtops or sportsroofs and included a hood scoop, remote, chrome mirror, AM radio, full wheel covers, whitewalls, tape stripes, and unique fender emblems, all for a special price. Even some hardtops were delivered with vinyl roofs. The promotion's sales goal was to sell 600 of these special units, however, only 503 of Limited Edition 600s were produced, clearly falling short of the target of 600 Mustangs. Interestingly, there was at least one Mach 1 in this promotion.

All cars in this promotion were built in batches on April 21st and 22nd, and many were delivered to Morgan Ford (now Medford Ford) in Medford NJ, for preparation and to affix the fender badges.

The Limited Edition 600 Mustangs were then promoted throughout the Philadelphia District by the means of specially created newspaper ads. These ads called attention to the custom colors and limited availability. About 15-20% were of the green variety. It is known that 87 red cars were ordered in off standard equipment order 2784. All 600s will be identified by the absence of a color code and a DSO of 16 plus 2783 through 2788 number on the door data plate. Most but not all 600s were powered by six cylinder engines, largest available engine was the 351-2v."
Mach1Registry.com Member #7
MCA Member #52787
Nice to meet you, my name's Jim

03 Torch Red Mach 1, 5-speed, IUP
Sold on July 21st 2012!

2011 Shelby GT500, Ebony Black, Silver Stripes, 6-speed
550hp 510tq Purchased July 23, 2012!
TRMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote