View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 10:24 PM   #16
blown03Mach1
8LB YNER

Re: Which supercharger works best

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompOrange View Post
I have no faith in the stock rods holding up to forced induction for a prolonged period of time, especially if you drive like you stole it on a regular basis. They were not designed to take the forces they will see under boost. I could see not building the motor if you are putting it off for sometime in the near, but no plans of eventually building the motor not only seems like a half-assed idea, but a dumbasss idea as well But hey, it's a risk you play...the real question is if or when it will go kaboom.

Borrowed time is a damned good way to describe things
I agree to a ppoint. I have been running a boosted stock bottom for 23 months and 15k miles now. Granted I do not use more then a about 4-5 pounds on a regualr basis, but I do have over 20 dyno pulls along with 28 1/4 mile passes on my stock bottom.

BTW I do have a Teksid that I am starting to build as I agree about the borrowed time, but **** this has been a lot longer borrowed time then I thought when I went boosted!!

I thinkn a stock bottom is perfectly fine under moderate boost. I also think that most of the blown up boosted applications are as a result of the owners who become addicted to boost and keep wanting more.

TR 2003 (Jezebel) sold Mar 12...
blown03Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote