View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 05:14 PM   #120
rich1
AUTOMACHTIC

Re: Under Drive Pulleys..and the problems they cause.

Here we go again .. .I will just leave it with what Sean Hyland says..
"There seem to be increased instances of oil pump failure when Some brands of underdrive pulley kits are used. I believe this is due to inadequate damping with the reduced diameter harmonic balancer provided .Steeda and ASP both make pulley sets that include a built- in Harmonic Balancer ." Improper installation using the old bolt and wrong torque have been factors too.

I installed the Steeda ones on my car and have had no problems peroid.Gained 10hp/12tq with the install . I think that the failures are mostly due to the 5- speed cars that rev higher than the auto . Combine that with the missed shift ,over -rev factor with inferior pulley sets that could be a problem.
UPGRADES...Tokico Illuminas Borla SS Catback , Steeda Underdrives , Strut Brace , HPM Lower K Brace , L /C Arms , U /C Arms , HPM PanHard Bar, K&N FRPK 2, GOODYEAR GT1 , MRT- H-Pipe , JLT VaporTraps , SLP-12'" Tips! , FRPP Shorty 1 5/8 Headers , Brembo D/S & PBR D/S Rotors ,FRPP Alum.DS ,Roys 3/8 Spacer , SVT Focus 255 pump SCTsw Chip PRO-DYNOjet NA 300.01hp /315tq (Auto) ,Innovate W/B ,Compucar Wet Kit (90jet) + Heater and E Gauge * 360 hp/385tq 12.5 -1/4 @112
rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote