View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 09:41 PM   #35
04Mach1Blurr
Machinator

Re: How to: Install 1/2" intake spacer

Quick question.. Just finished installing the 1/2'' and it idles a bit rough, almost like mild cams, It also seems to be doing the hanging rpms and then drops down to idle around 1,000-1,100, I did set my idle up when i first got the predator handheld for roughly 900rpm. But it will fluctuate, and it almost died once, like it was at 1,1xxrpm, then dropped to 500rpm and was shakin the car like cams would. Gave it a little gas, rpms hung again, but settled back down to 1000. Didnt drop to 500rpm again, but still the rpms hung on the test drive. Also seems like a hiss next to the egr valve. And for some reason, any way i tried ( i was litterally kneeling on the engine bay of the car, i could not get the EGR with the side closest to the firewall directly lined up. Seems like the bolt went in sideways and possibly threaded wrong, Bolt itsnt all the way in, but the EGR was on tight with th otherone closest to the front of the car. I even losend the intake manifold bolts to try and lift it up to align it. No such luck.. Ideas, comments, anything... help.
2004 D.S.G. Mach 1 Mustang I.U.P.(01/22/2004)-04 Cobra Longblock- Posi Ported M122 GT500 Blower - BF 2.93 Upper - 4lb Lower -MGW STS-Bassani cattless X pipe- Borla Stinger Catback-Steeda Bump Steer kit-MM CCs- MM Coilovers 350lb spring- LFP Heat-exchanger- 1inch Shaker Spacer-03 Cobra IRS with FTBR's Full Bushings kit-BF Diff Brace-3:55 gears -T56 Tranzilla- cut 04 coupe rear springs-Viper Remote Start/Alarm system-Ipod Auxilary-SLP LL-Tune coming soon
04Mach1Blurr is offline   Reply With Quote