View Single Post
Old 10-01-2017, 01:18 PM   #3
JaredWOT

Re: UDP/Oil Pump Gears

Thank you sir! I ask because I am ask because I am in the process of a NA build for my 03 Mach 1, and I want to be sure I won't break the oil pump gears as I plan to spin it pretty high.. I know it's more expensive in the long run than boost, but I would like to see how much power I can get from the car without boost or increasing displacement.
My build list is p&p 10" short runner (made by na svt), 90mm MAF, electric water pump, alternator pulley, harmonic balancer, billet oil pump gears, forged Manley h-beam rods, forged JE flat top pistons, MHS stage 3 CNC head package, MHS stage 3 cams (or custom cams by na svt), svt focus fuel pump, fuel injectors (poundage dependant on tuners suggestions), and custom dyno tune. Compression will end up being about 11.1
Car already has full o/r exhaust with LT headers (will upgrade to 1-7/8" kooks eventually)
I am doing a cobra t56 swap as well. Just waiting on the single piece aluminum driveshaft to arrive. McLeod clutch and aluminum flywheel, along with an MGW short throw shifter will complete the tranny build.
HP per dollar is obviously not my concern.
Car is my DD, but I live only 10 miles away from work. It seems, from research and word of mouth, that it would still be daily driveable with stage 3 cams, given at least a 4.10 gear ratio, which I already have.
JaredWOT is offline   Reply With Quote