View Single Post
Old 09-14-2006, 10:15 PM   #2
Orange whip 04
Never Fear Smith Is Here

Re: The Ford Buy Out??????????????

yup, 75,000 workers. Point is, it cost Ford too much money to keep them on the payroll at high wages and health care cost when its cheaper for Ford to buy them out for those close to retirement. My Grandfather use to say he hated Unions when they first began and said the Unions would destroy automotive companys in the long run. And in a sence, that is happening today. Its ashame that so many people have to lose there jobs, but its probably necessary if Ford Motor Company is to stay alive. Im sure Union people working on the line are good people, but we have no need for the greedy organization setting the standards anymore. I mean, i would do the same job as a Ford line worker for half the pay. Sometimes you got to suck in that pride for the whole of the company. Ive had to do this and we were able to overcome hardships by working less hours, just working 30 hours a week for a period of time when the company recovered. I acutally enjoy having the time off because i could spend time with my family, or do some activitys that you wouldnt normaly be able to do during working hours. There is lots of things that can be done rather than cutting jobs, but it all comes down to competition, money, and power. It also doesnt help when American people dont buy the product. Sad, but true.
Orange whip 04 is offline   Reply With Quote