Thread: engine ?s
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 10:56 PM   #14
JoshMac

Re: engine ?s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
Why would you have 32psi in a DR? My Mach 1 rolls around on DRs daily @ 25psi. Hooking is in the suspension, not tires.

I wouldn't build a motor to make less power because I couldn't hook up the power. LOL
This friendly debate is pointless. You said throttle response is much better, I said no matter what the throttle response with power 600+ on the street yields the same results. The OP wants 600hp and felt he could not achieve it without changing the pistons to up the compression.

The baddest street machine I've been in is currently a T76 283CI 97 Saleen. The car before was a 711hp(on Snows) 4.6 T-Trim. The car had 4.10s and a Viper Spec T56 with this setup. At 90mph on 275 street tires the car would break loose. But that wasn't enough so it got to its current turbo setup. The car on stock saleen suspension, with 555DR's hooks in second with the snail spittin 21lbs with 3.55's again.

I never said don't build it cause you can't hook, but that I haven't been able to tell a difference with high"er" vs low compression boost engines other than the boost needed to reach the horsepower was less than that of the lower compression. In the OP's case, his stock long block will easily make and support 600hp with the breeze his D1SC provides. Why should he tear down a sound low mileage Cobra longblock when his goals are easily attainable?

And suspension is a great deal of hooking as well as a skilled driver, but put a street tire on your 629hp Cobra and let me know how it hooks. I would love to see your car in action, with 629 I'm sure its a hoot to drive. I have no doubts it will hook at the strip, but street use I just can't see it. Not in 1st with 4.30s.
JoshMac is offline   Reply With Quote