Thread: Headunit help
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 11:58 PM   #5
JMFT
Will sell tires 4 food.

Re: Headunit help

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaybTorchedMach View Post
I would definitely go for something of a more reputable name: Pioneer, Alpine, or Kenwood. Search around. You can find some good deals. Yes, you'll need a wiring harness. You'll need a Metra 70-5519 if you have a 2003 or a 70-5521 if you have a 2004. If you equalize right, I wouldn't say it lessens the quality, but it definitely could sound better so as soon as you have the funds, do away with the 460 system all together and start from scratch with some components, subs, and amps.
When using the factory harness adapter (70-5521 or 70-5519 Ford aplified system adapters) put an RCA pigtail on the little guy it comes with's left and right wire pair and hook it to SW pre-out if your deck comes with it, or to rear pre-out if not. Really wakes up the Mach system. Line driving it (running it off the wired front or rear outs from the deck) sounds like complete canned a*shole. And running it off Sub out gives you dedicated bass control with seperate EQ control over your highs. Free knowledge. Use for what it's worth.

I like Excelon... Followed by Pioneer Premier for ease of use and higher juice RCA outs. Alpine is easy to previous Alpine owners, but still really good if you want to RTFM several times.
JMFT is offline   Reply With Quote