View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 01:07 PM   #1
Tommy Z

The Whooole Rear End

Hey again,

Just got the good news that I'll most likely be getting my summer job back so it's time to decide on the next round of parts! I have done a good amount of suspension work (see sig), but am ready to finish it off. The car will be my daily for another year or so but is still hardly ever driven. Once I finish school, the car will be torn to pieces and have some serious motor and transmission work done. My long term goal is a car that puts down ~600RWHP (most likely turbo) and handles like an F1 car. I know Mustangs aren't the best platform for this goal, but it's what I've wanted for years. With that being said, I've made a rear end to-do list I'd like for y'all to critique. I have a basic idea of what's needed, but haven't picked specific parts/brands.

1) Differential - recommendations?
2) 31 Spline axles/carriers - Moser?
3) New 3.55s or 3.73s
4) ARP wheel studs (have waiting)
5) Lower control arms - prob MM, delrin or urethane?
6) Coil overs - length and rate?
7) Watts link (maybe panhard. Paired with torque arm?)
8) Welded torque boxes - Definitely need help here. Just worry about the bottom or pull carpet and do top as well?
9) Upper shock brace

Originally wanted to go IRS, but found out SRAs can hold their own and I also want this car to be as light as possible. Anyway, let me know what y'all think!

Something about a microwave with wifi and Tapatalk.

2003 Torch Red Mach 1
★ Rebuilt 3650 & MGW
★ Spec 2 & Fidanza flywheel
★ H&R Super Sports & Maximum Motorsports struts/shocks
★ Maximum Motorsports rear lowers, MM panhard, MM caster camber plates
★ Mosers + ARPs
★ Brembo slotted rotors, braided lines
★ Catless X and SLP LM2s
★ 18X9/10.5 - Toyo R888R

Last edited by Tommy Z; 04-16-2013 at 04:10 PM.
Tommy Z is offline   Reply With Quote