2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Brakes & Suspension

Old 01-16-2013, 03:54 PM   #1
Mach 1 B-2
Stealth

HR Super Sport Springs?

I have HR Super Sports in front with the stock Tokicos and 18 inch rims. The cars bumpy like a sonbitch. You get tossed up and down on the seat when you hit a wave in the highway. was wondering if I swaped the Tokicos out for Bilsteins will I get some releif? Thanks
Mach 1 B-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:43 PM   #2
iudelt89
United We Stang

Re: HR Super Sport Springs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach 1 B-2 View Post
I have HR Super Sports in front with the stock Tokicos and 18 inch rims. The cars bumpy like a sonbitch. You get tossed up and down on the seat when you hit a wave in the highway. was wondering if I swaped the Tokicos out for Bilsteins will I get some releif? Thanks
ya, i'm running the same set up as you right now. The stock tokicos really dont work well with lowering springs. It really is bumpy as all hell. I'm going to MM Bilstein HD's when I pull the car out of storage in the spring.
Black Staggered FR500's, SSS Adrenaline Cat-Back, JBA o/r h-pipe, MGW Short Throw Shifter, H&R SS Springs, Bilstein HD's, MM Bumpsteer, MM CC Plates, Kenny Brown Extreme Subframe Matrix, FRPP Alum Driveshaft, 2000 Cobra R front brake kit, MM pan hard bar, MM LCA's, K&N FIPK Intake, Bama Tune, Shaker Diverter, FRPP 3.73s, Moser 31 spline axles, FRPP diff cover, FRPP Traction-Lok diff, Kenny Brown Brake Ducts

'04 Black 5-Speed Mach 1, 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
iudelt89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:02 AM   #3
j rick kirby

Shocks are blown.
HPDE Instructor
j rick kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:44 PM   #4
Mach 1 B-2
Stealth

Quote:
Originally Posted by j rick kirby View Post
Shocks are blown.
They could be. With only 17,000 miles? So I just need to swap out the fronts yes?
Old 01-18-2013, 08:23 AM   #5
j rick kirby

Comon' man put 4 shocks on the thing.
HPDE Instructor
j rick kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:47 AM   #6
TRmachwon
Parking Lot Racer

Quote:
They could be. With only 17,000 miles? So I just need to swap out the fronts yes?
Why would you only swap the fronts? The stock dampers are garbage. You can pick up a set of Bilsteins for 600ish, really not much money. My car rode better on H&R race springs with Bilsteins than it did bone stock. Also, do you have camber plates?
Old 01-18-2013, 10:18 AM   #7
iudelt89
United We Stang

Just went ahead and ordered grooved bilstein HD's from Jeff at Bestmustangparts.com . Saying goodbye to those tokicos, thank god
Black Staggered FR500's, SSS Adrenaline Cat-Back, JBA o/r h-pipe, MGW Short Throw Shifter, H&R SS Springs, Bilstein HD's, MM Bumpsteer, MM CC Plates, Kenny Brown Extreme Subframe Matrix, FRPP Alum Driveshaft, 2000 Cobra R front brake kit, MM pan hard bar, MM LCA's, K&N FIPK Intake, Bama Tune, Shaker Diverter, FRPP 3.73s, Moser 31 spline axles, FRPP diff cover, FRPP Traction-Lok diff, Kenny Brown Brake Ducts

Old 01-18-2013, 12:24 PM   #8
Tommy Z

Did you get all 4?

I have H&R Super Sports (front) paired with Bilstein HD's and MM caster chamber plates. Ride is pretty good.

Something about a microwave with wifi and Tapatalk.

2003 Torch Red Mach 1
★ Rebuilt 3650 & MGW
★ Spec 2 & Fidanza flywheel
★ H&R Super Sports & Maximum Motorsports struts/shocks
★ Maximum Motorsports rear lowers, MM panhard, MM caster camber plates
★ Mosers + ARPs
★ Brembo slotted rotors, braided lines
★ Catless X and SLP LM2s
★ 18X9/10.5 - Toyo R888R
Tommy Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:37 PM   #9
iudelt89
United We Stang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Z View Post
Did you get all 4?

I have H&R Super Sports (front) paired with Bilstein HD's and MM caster chamber plates. Ride is pretty good.

I'm assuming that question was directed at me. Yes, I got all 4. I wouldn't see the point in just doing the fronts or rears. I feel like only replacing 2 of them would make it handle even worse than with the stockers all the way around. Gonna be running H&R springs, MM bumpsteer, MM CC Plates, the Bilsteins, and the KB subframe matrix as far as suspension/handling parts go. I'm looking forward to getting it to go around a corner properly. Having it ride well again is going to be nice as well. Should have just saved up and bought the springs and shocks at the same time. Hindsight is always 20/20 I guess.

Old 01-19-2013, 05:09 PM   #10
Bullitt 736

You won't need the bump steer kit but if you decide to anyway, did you buy the bump steer measurement kit from MM also?

2001 DHG Bullitt #0736
2001 TB Bullitt #0810
2001 DHG Bullitt #0256
Bullitt 736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:39 PM   #11
Tommy Z

Yeah, the bump steer is definitely good to have but doesn't make worlds of difference. The install is quite a chore. I'd put the money elsewhere, personally.

2003 Torch Red Mach 1
★ Rebuilt 3650 & MGW
★ Spec 2 & Fidanza flywheel
★ H&R Super Sports & Maximum Motorsports struts/shocks
★ Maximum Motorsports rear lowers, MM panhard, MM caster camber plates
★ Mosers + ARPs
★ Brembo slotted rotors, braided lines
★ Catless X and SLP LM2s
★ 18X9/10.5 - Toyo R888R
Tommy Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:24 PM   #12
Mach 1 B-2
Stealth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRmachwon View Post
Why would you only swap the fronts? The stock dampers are garbage. You can pick up a set of Bilsteins for 600ish, really not much money. My car rode better on H&R race springs with Bilsteins than it did bone stock. Also, do you have camber plates?
I'm not a great suspension guy. Yes I have caster/camber plates. I saw the HD Bilsteins for $260 from and $110 back I think.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:25 PM   #13
Mach 1 B-2
Stealth

Quote:
Originally Posted by iudelt89 View Post
Just went ahead and ordered grooved bilstein HD's from Jeff at Bestmustangparts.com . Saying goodbye to those tokicos, thank god
How much it cost you with shipping? I'm gonna order them.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:41 PM   #14
iudelt89
United We Stang

Quote:
How much it cost you with shipping? I'm gonna order them.
Shipping is free. Ended up being $704 all said and done. If you go with the non-grooved shocks it will be a little less. I went with the grooved because I may decide to go with some coil over down the line.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:08 PM   #15
Mach 1 B-2
Stealth

Quote:
Originally Posted by iudelt89 View Post
Shipping is free. Ended up being $704 all said and done. If you go with the non-grooved shocks it will be a little less. I went with the grooved because I may decide to go with some coil over down the line.
Sounds good. I guess I could go with the non-grooved. Do you know the part number for them front and back? Thanks
Old 02-07-2013, 03:54 PM   #16
iudelt89
United We Stang

Here is the link to the non-grooved http://www.bestmustangparts.com/product_p/bil-7.htm

If you ever decide to go coil overs you can always have them grooved after the fact as well.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:04 AM   #17
03Mach1BoyAdam

I have the SS Springs with MM Caster/Camber Plates & the stock dampers. It's been that way as long as I have owned it. Rides awesome and no jumping out of the seat when you hit any bumps.
Steeda Tri Ax Short Throw,Steeda Clutch Quadrant, Steeda Firewall Adjuster, Steeda Shock Tower Brace, MMR Rear Seat Delete, FRPP UCA's, Roush Stage 2 LCA's, Moser 31 Spline Axles, FRPP 31 Spline LSD, FRPP 4.10's, FRPP Aluminum DS, Swarr Rear Axle Brace, GMS Girdle, Steeda G Trac Bar, PHP Spacer, JLT RAI, Predator Tuner, 1/2" Shaker Extension, H&R SS Springs, MM C/C Plates, MAC Long Tubes, MAC O/R H Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, 17x9 & 17x10.5 Black FR500's.
03Mach1BoyAdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:37 AM   #18
Mach 1 B-2
Stealth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Mach1BoyAdam View Post
I have the SS Springs with MM Caster/Camber Plates & the stock dampers. It's been that way as long as I have owned it. Rides awesome and no jumping out of the seat when you hit any bumps.
Yeah but my stock shocks might be blown out according to a few guys. And the roads around here are.On smooth pavement it runs like a charm! ****.