2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 04-29-2012, 06:00 PM   #1
japan4racing
not builted

Bent shift forks? 3rd and 4th gear

Before my clutch install I was having issues hitting 3rd and 4th at the track....I blamed it on the bad throwout bearing and work clutch. After the new clutch install I still had the same issues and the cable was stretched so I bought a new cable hoping to clear up the problem. I just installed the steeda cable, adjuster and quadrant and still cant hit 3rd or 4th....I can shift fine under normal conditions and I can do a quick shift in high rpms....but I cant slam it. Now I know its not good for the trans to be no lift shifting and thats why I thinking I may have bent the shift fork. got any ideas? also the clutch now breaks near the top...its a little weird getting used to after driving for so long with a clutch that breaks on the bottom. the 1-2 shift is still smooth as butter as well...just the 2-3 and 3-4 shift has issues.
2004 Torch Red Mach 1 - C&L cai, Kooks longtubes, Kooks o/r x-pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Roy's 1/2" spacer, FRPP aluminum d/s, FRPP 4.10's, FRPP billet F/W, Ram HDX, MGW orange handle, H&R Super Sports
japan4racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:51 PM   #2
shadowmaker

Re: Bent shift forks? 3rd and 4th gear

Adjust it to wear it breaks where you want it to.

As far as the 3-4, synros bad?
shadowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:49 AM   #3
japan4racing
not builted

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowmaker View Post
Adjust it to wear it breaks where you want it to.

As far as the 3-4, synros bad?
yea I plan on adjusting it to were I want it....not sure about synchros...it never grinds 3rd or 4th, always shifts good under normal conditions and I can even do a kinda quick shift but it wont "power" shift. I used to hit 3rd like a boss now I hit it like a janitor.....
2004 Torch Red Mach 1 - C&L cai, Kooks longtubes, Kooks o/r x-pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Roy's 1/2" spacer, FRPP aluminum d/s, FRPP 4.10's, FRPP billet F/W, Ram HDX, MGW orange handle, H&R Super Sports
japan4racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:38 PM   #4
311-420
Can't be bridled

Quote:
Originally Posted by japan4racing View Post
yea I plan on adjusting it to were I want it....not sure about synchros...it never grinds 3rd or 4th, always shifts good under normal conditions and I can even do a kinda quick shift but it wont "power" shift. I used to hit 3rd like a boss now I hit it like a janitor.....
Trying to no-lift shift the 3650? More power to you. I can't hardly speed shift to 3rd....
2004 Mach 1 #6956 5spd w/IUP
Eaton swap, longtubes, built 3.73 SRA
452hp/409tq dynojet🏁
311-420 is offline   Reply With Quote