2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 08-16-2008, 09:49 AM   #1
Mach1BullittMan
Blue Mach 1 Owner

Dirty 69 Pics

HaHa made you look and yea I know what you were thinking

Got my 69 Mach 1 out last night and got her running again after sitting for over a year she was dirty to took her to the car wash and pressure wash her, now she is clean and more pics to come today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2148.jpg (118.7 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2149.jpg (116.5 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2152.jpg (170.2 KB, 122 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2150.jpg (135.1 KB, 120 views)

2014 Blue Stang GT Convertible with White strips 5.0
6 Speed Automatic Wife Daily Driver/Toy
2013 Stang GT 5.0 Grabber Blue 6 Spd Son's Daily Driver/Street Drag Car
2004 Blue Mach 1 4.6 32V 5 Spd R Code Factory Shaker My New Toy
1999 Blue Stang - 4.6 16V 4 Spd Auto GT Daughters Daily Driver
1990 Blue Stang 351W 5 Spd Son's Drag Strip Only Car
1969 Blue Mach 1 428CJ R Code 4Spd My Original Toy SOLD

Blue Is The Fastest

Mach1BullittMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 11:01 AM   #2
MACH-ANGEL
we R nuts!

Re: Dirty 69 Pics

Nothing better than a good old fashion 69
"It must have been a dream. Or it must have been my Angel."
MACH-ANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 11:14 AM   #3
3150Mach1
Love my Mach

Sweet car. I hate you!
Kooks LTsw/OR X, elect cutouts, JLT RAI w/C&L 85 MAH,1" Spacer,PP Lower intake,Accufab TB,160 T-stat,EF Cooling Mod,NX Kit,Mez Electric Water pump,SLP Linelock,FRPP 4.10s-Alum Dif Cover-Alum Driveshaft & SL, Steeda Bumpsteer,MM Alum rack bushings,Deep Alum Tranny pan,Predator,Steeda AUCAs,MM ALCAs, Dspecs,MM CC plates & FLSFCs,MRT Guage cluster,AEM WB,MRT hood struts,Seq TLs, carbon fiber hood/trunk/Cobra wing,220 amp alt
3150Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 01:26 PM   #4
Unrealford
Mustang owner since 1984

Why is there Mustang emblems on front fenders? None of my 69 Machs had them,, Sweet car you have, Brings back memories.
http://www.dragzine.com/news/moms-ra...2013-schedule/
Unrealford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 01:55 PM   #5
Mach1BullittMan
Blue Mach 1 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrealford View Post
Why is there Mustang emblems on front fenders? None of my 69 Machs had them,, Sweet car you have, Brings back memories.
WOW I never really notice that before now its funny you own a car a long time and them somebody else points out something new. I just never had it in any show with other 69 Machs so it never came up as to why those are on there. Thats the way the car was when I got it.

2014 Blue Stang GT Convertible with White strips 5.0
6 Speed Automatic Wife Daily Driver/Toy
2013 Stang GT 5.0 Grabber Blue 6 Spd Son's Daily Driver/Street Drag Car
2004 Blue Mach 1 4.6 32V 5 Spd R Code Factory Shaker My New Toy
1999 Blue Stang - 4.6 16V 4 Spd Auto GT Daughters Daily Driver
1990 Blue Stang 351W 5 Spd Son's Drag Strip Only Car
1969 Blue Mach 1 428CJ R Code 4Spd My Original Toy SOLD

Blue Is The Fastest

Last edited by Mach1BullittMan; 08-16-2008 at 02:14 PM.
Mach1BullittMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 02:13 PM   #6
vtecDIS
hunt'n for chevy's

**** shes a beauty. i would LOVE to have an original '69 to compliment my '03.
I dont know much about the older Mach's, but didnt they have a spoiler, honey comb tail panel, and chin spoiler like ours?
vtecDIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 07:14 PM   #7
ponygt65

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH-ANGEL View Post
Nothing better than a good old fashion 69
HAHAH.....You are only the second female I heard say something along those lines. (I'm currently dating the other )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1BullittMan View Post
WOW I never really notice that before now its funny you own a car a long time and them somebody else points out something new. I just never had it in any show with other 69 Machs so it never came up as to why those are on there. Thats the way the car was when I got it.
Those emblems were not originally installed from the factory on Mach 1s. Someone added them later on, OR it was a factory 'mis hap' as all us 'older stang' guys know all too well about.

Great looking cars in here guys. I sure miss my Koupe

Previous stangs:
2003 Mineral Grey Cobra Vert
1965 Factory GT K Code Coupe - mostly original and numbers matching. 14.9 (best) GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!!
2003 MACh 1 AB - MINE!..SLP LM1s, PHP Spacer, and a CAI, that wont' stop whistling.
2004 MACh 1 DSG - PHP spacer, BOrla Stingers, K and N CAI, Tune, X-pipe, 1" 1-piece raised shaker...yadda yadda.
ponygt65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 02:45 PM   #8
mach1azure03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1BullittMan View Post
HaHa made you look and yea I know what you were thinking

Got my 69 Mach 1 out last night and got her running again after sitting for over a year she was dirty to took her to the car wash and pressure wash her, now she is clean and more pics to come today.
i like the way you got the old school and newschool mach next to each other looks kool...
mach1azure03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 07:45 PM   #9
3150Mach1
Love my Mach

I want one to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kooks LTsw/OR X, elect cutouts, JLT RAI w/C&L 85 MAH,1" Spacer,PP Lower intake,Accufab TB,160 T-stat,EF Cooling Mod,NX Kit,Mez Electric Water pump,SLP Linelock,FRPP 4.10s-Alum Dif Cover-Alum Driveshaft & SL, Steeda Bumpsteer,MM Alum rack bushings,Deep Alum Tranny pan,Predator,Steeda AUCAs,MM ALCAs, Dspecs,MM CC plates & FLSFCs,MRT Guage cluster,AEM WB,MRT hood struts,Seq TLs, carbon fiber hood/trunk/Cobra wing,220 amp alt
Old 08-16-2008, 08:46 PM   #10
mikeofwarr
AKA: Rare Pony & Ole Pony

Looks like Mach1BullittMan's pictures have created a lot of discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Mach150BP View Post
I want one to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can have this one: http://www.mustangclassifieds.com/mustang-3065.html

I think I wil pass on it, We're too busy getting my 73 Vert ready for the body shop this fall.

I went by to see the 69 from the link posted above. My son was interested in it, but I told him he would have to sell his 01 Bullitt if he got it.

I had mixed emotions about it. The paint quality was OK, but the preparation was not. Looks like it was painted with all the trim on the car. Lots of overspray on the edge of the trim. The crevices where the headlights meets the fender were painted in place and not professional looking. Same as the rear taillight crevices. The black hood scoop could use some work, could see buldges in several places that looked like body putty, scoop could be removed, fixed and repainted. No bubbles in the paint in the typical rust areas so the front fenders and rear quarters looked like they were replaced as stated in the ad. Most of the chrome trim looked it's age, although he said he had new exterior door handles and some other chrome. The drivers side c-pillar chrome was replaced, but not the passenger side yet. Some body putty noticeable around the lip of the wheel wells, could have been sanded a little better before paint. Paint condition pretty good for a 90's paint job. Inside the seats were nice, headliner needs work, new window handles needed, has Mach1 emblem on dash below the clock, clock lens is yellowed and clock is hardly visible. Engine was pretty clean, he said he had new oversize radiator, new water pump, new PS Pump. The 302 is upgraded from the stock 2 bbl carb to a 4 bbl. Car has headers and a very loud exhaust system, but looks in good shape. The drivers side header did make a noise like it was leaking, probably needs a gasket, although the one on it looks fairly new. Took it for a test drive and it was very responsive and quick. Power disc brakes stopped great.

I have not priced and looked at any other 69's so not sure if it worth the $13,900 or not. But is definitly not a rust bucket and would be an easy restoration to make it show quality. Probably would not win any shows as is but looks great from 10 feet. The seller is a nice guy, probably would take a little less if anyone is interested.

Hope this helps if anyone is looking for a 69. If anyone has any specific questions that I can offer my independent opinion, please feel free to ask.
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto - Born on March 24th, 2004 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Azure Blue Auto - My stepsons, sold April 2016
2001 Mustang Bullitt - Dark Highland Green , My Sons, Bought It Sept 29th, 07
mikeofwarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 09:12 PM   #11
3150Mach1
Love my Mach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeofwarr View Post
Looks like Mach1BullittMan's pictures have created a lot of discussion.

You can have this one: http://www.mustangclassifieds.com/mustang-3065.html

I think I wil pass on it, We're too busy getting my 73 Vert ready for the body shop this fall.

I went by to see the 69 from the link posted above. My son was interested in it, but I told him he would have to sell his 01 Bullitt if he got it.

I had mixed emotions about it. The paint quality was OK, but the preparation was not. Looks like it was painted with all the trim on the car. Lots of overspray on the edge of the trim. The crevices where the headlights meets the fender were painted in place and not professional looking. Same as the rear taillight crevices. The black hood scoop could use some work, could see buldges in several places that looked like body putty, scoop could be removed, fixed and repainted. No bubbles in the paint in the typical rust areas so the front fenders and rear quarters looked like they were replaced as stated in the ad. Most of the chrome trim looked it's age, although he said he had new exterior door handles and some other chrome. The drivers side c-pillar chrome was replaced, but not the passenger side yet. Some body putty noticeable around the lip of the wheel wells, could have been sanded a little better before paint. Paint condition pretty good for a 90's paint job. Inside the seats were nice, headliner needs work, new window handles needed, has Mach1 emblem on dash below the clock, clock lens is yellowed and clock is hardly visible. Engine was pretty clean, he said he had new oversize radiator, new water pump, new PS Pump. The 302 is upgraded from the stock 2 bbl carb to a 4 bbl. Car has headers and a very loud exhaust system, but looks in good shape. The drivers side header did make a noise like it was leaking, probably needs a gasket, although the one on it looks fairly new. Took it for a test drive and it was very responsive and quick. Power disc brakes stopped great.

I have not priced and looked at any other 69's so not sure if it worth the $13,900 or not. But is definitly not a rust bucket and would be an easy restoration to make it show quality. Probably would not win any shows as is but looks great from 10 feet. The seller is a nice guy, probably would take a little less if anyone is interested.

Hope this helps if anyone is looking for a 69. If anyone has any specific questions that I can offer my independent opinion, please feel free to ask.
Not my color plus would have to sell the wife to get it.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:14 PM   #12
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeofwarr View Post

As long as no one goes in thinking that it is a Mach 1. Emblems do not make it a Mach 1, and having a 302 certainly makes it NOT a Mach 1.

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 11:19 AM   #13
ponygt65

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcongtho3 View Post
As long as no one goes in thinking that it is a Mach 1. Emblems do not make it a Mach 1, and having a 302 certainly makes it NOT a Mach 1.
You beat me too it....... I was wondering if I was going to scroll down and see someone catch that.

The 'Boss9' hood is FUgly.

Previous stangs:
2003 Mineral Grey Cobra Vert
1965 Factory GT K Code Coupe - mostly original and numbers matching. 14.9 (best) GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!!
2003 MACh 1 AB - MINE!..SLP LM1s, PHP Spacer, and a CAI, that wont' stop whistling.
2004 MACh 1 DSG - PHP spacer, BOrla Stingers, K and N CAI, Tune, X-pipe, 1" 1-piece raised shaker...yadda yadda.
ponygt65 is offline   Reply With Quote