2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Power Adders

Power Adders Superchargers, Turbos, Nitrous, etc...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-26-2008, 07:22 PM   #1
ceracer33

need some help with a procharger kit

here's the deal. this is all for my dads 03 mach 1. i will be doing the install for him. we have found a really good deal on a used procharger kit that is coming off of a 97 cobra. it has the p1sc head unit. from my understanding the mounting bracket from the cobra will not work on the mach 1, but the piping and the intercooler should all work correct? we plan to only run 5psi, and i was told that only running that low of boost we would not need to upgrade the fuel pump or injectors. although im sure it would be a good idea to upgrade, is what i was told true? i was thinking he would need atleast injectors. but then again didnt the mach 1's come with bigger injectors than gt's? im use to working on my 99 gt, and i know my 19lbs injectors would be too small. im thinking the fuel pump should be ok, but im really concerned about the injectors. we are trying to do this on a budget, and my dad is really not looking for a ton of power. he wants to keep it low boost for reliability. the kit comes with a 3 core intercooler and a new bypass valve, so we should be good there. other than the mounting bracket, what else would i need to bolt this kit on and go? tuning will be done via sniper software and a wideband. i'll just create a very safe tune for him, and have my tuner look it over good to verify that its a safe tune. anyone have any suggestions on what else i need to look into getting before i begin this install? if the stock injectors will get us by with 5psi then we will leave them in for now, but i dont want to run them over 85% duty cycle. any help would be much appreciated.
ceracer33 is offline   Reply With Quote