2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Engine & Drivetrain (Including trans & rear axles)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2010, 09:00 AM   #1
grimyth

a few tranny questions

Hey everyone, I am in need a hug j/k

So on Friday I was cruising on base, and everything was ok. I get off base attempt to shift into fourth and it wouldnt go in gear, just grinded.... I was a little confused, because it had never done that before. I tried again same result.... I never have had even slight grinding, so for something so sudden I am a little puzzled.

I came home did a search on the forum, and Saturday I did a lucas/ATF fluid change hoping I would get outta this the easy way......nope!

I can only assume it is the synchro in there, I can shift from third let the RPMS drop all the way and about 50% of the time it will go in with a slight grind, the other 50 it will go in quietly. Either way its broke and needs fixed.

The car is my DD, I have no intentions to go past 550 HP, but we all know how far intentions get us....as of right now, no major mods, exhaust intake,gears, intake spacer...... I am still upside down on the car, so..

now for the questions:

Is it worth the extra 1000 dollars or more to go to a T56?

is there and advantage to having one over the other?

Is the t56 as noisy as the 3650?

Do they have the throwout bearing problems still aswell?

Does anyone have any opinion on what the best place to get either option... rebuild/or t56....

Any ideas or input is appreciated.....

money is tight, but I cant see spending 1k or so on a transmission now, only to have to upgrade at a later point... thanks!

Last edited by grimyth; 09-13-2010 at 09:33 AM.
grimyth is offline   Reply With Quote