2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Fluid Systems (coolant, oil, fuel)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2017, 10:31 AM   #1
SparksMach1
Shitin 'n Gitin

New Radiator for all-motor Mach

Hi guys! I haven't been on here in YEARS, but I'm having an issue with cooling in my mach. Like a non-noob, I read up on as many old posts about cooling that I could find, but everyone in my power range has forced induction.

I'm putting 435/428 to the tires all motor and with the A/C on, the coolant temp (aftermarket sensor in crossover tube) creeped up to about 228 last summer before I shut the AC down in traffic. I'm running the stock radiator with a high-flow Stewart water pump, have the head-cooling mod, and am running the BOSS 5.0 block with improved cooling passages.

I've read good and bad things about Mishimoto and Fluidyne. I see that the Mishimoto is a double pass and the Fluidyne is a triple pass - is this indicative that the Fluidyne is going to work better for cooling the motor? At this point - cost isn't a factor, I'm just tired of the car running hot! Appreciate any insight you guys can provide!

442/435 @ the rear ALL MOTOR -Race Gas
FRPP BOSS 5.0 block, 10.6:1 compression, Manley H-Beams; Diamond flat-top pistons, P&P heads W/ 5-angle valve job & ARP Head studs, PP upper/lower intake, Comp Stage 2 N/A cams, FR500 springs, valves, and followers, Tube K with coilovers and Bilsteins, Kooks, Stingers, 2.97 T-56 Magnum, 31 Spline Superior axles & Auburn-pro dif, built battle boxes, KB BAP w/ 39lb injectors, and 4:10's.
SparksMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote