2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Exhaust System

Exhaust System Exhaust Q & A

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2006, 04:59 PM   #1
1MEANSTANG

Red face X pipe question? Get a new one, or stick with what I got?

Hey guys Whats up? I have a question for you! I'm runnning right now a UPR O/R X Pipe on my Mach with the Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust. A buddy of mine had it on his Mach and I thought it sounded awsome. At the time I didn't know how many different brands of pipes were out there, so I went ahead and ordered the same one. I really love the sound. Freakin awesome. Sometimes at WOT a little raspy but not that bad. I met up with a guy a the local Ford dealer hear in town and he loved the way my car sounded and asked what it was. I told him and he was shocked on how good it sounded. It turns out that he owned a Performance Mustang shop for 15 years. He said if I really wanted to get an even better sound a little more performance he said to get rid of my UPR and buy the DR. Gas X pipe. He also stated that it is a true X-crossover and not a fake and they put the x as close to the motor for increase flow and better horsepower.
My question is should I go ahead and spend the $250 for another X pipe and see how much different it will feel or sound or if I'm happy with what I got should I stick with it. Both are Aluminized steel so they will only last so long. And I only drive the Mach on the weekends in sunny weather. Never sees rain.
Anyone have a Dr gas x pipe and if so do you like it and should I change to it?Also how was the install. How many pieces does it come with?
Sometimes I hate bumping into people because they put things in my head that I can't sop thinking about. I was happy with the UPR and now I don't know???? Much of a difference or not?
1MEANSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote