2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Engine & Drivetrain (Including trans & rear axles)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2007, 10:39 AM   #1
GrimlokTT
I looooove me car...

Replaced my aftermarket clutch quadrant w/ the stocker...

Hello all. It's been forever since I posted here. Thought I'd drop you all a line...

You read correct: I replaced an aftermarket clutch quadrant set up I had on my car with a new stock one.

I've had MM clutch quadrant, clutch pedal height adjuster and MM f/w adjuster. I replaced the MM f/w adjuster with a Fiore one. I ended up removing the pedal height adjuster and somtime during all this I installed a Steeda quick-release quadrant and eventually I added the LDC freeplay kit.

The above transition was throughout at least a year and no matter how I adjusted everything it would never shift right.

Well, I finally decided,'fug it'. I bought what I thought were the stock clutch quadrant pieces and springs and a new clutch cable. What I ended up getting was the stock clutch quadrant already installed on the shaft that attaches to the clutch pedal...cool.

Anyways, I installed everything and those Ford engineers knew what they were doing. The clutch pedal travel distance is shorter and gear engagement is smoother. Plus, it automatically adjusts for ya. If it should wear out from being plastic, I'll just replace it with another stock one. I guess the grass wasn't greener on the other side of this one.

Anyways...thought I'd share
GrimlokTT is offline   Reply With Quote